(NonLSU) UGA Prez to CBS-"Don't Call UGA-Fla Game 'World's Largest Cocktail Party'"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, May 15, 2006.

1. Broke

Broke Founding Member

I heard there would be free kool-aid and breathalyzers outside the locked compound.

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

i hate these types of people. samething here with the CCC.

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Re: (NonLSU) UGA Prez to CBS-"Don't Call UGA-Fla Game 'World's Largest Cocktail Party

No joke! It kind of makes me glad that I go to school at Nicholls because none of the authorities here seem to care... but they DO keep it under enough of their control to prevent major problems that may facilitate the need to start coming down hard. At least people in LA know and understand that it's college and kids ARE going to get plastered... so why not just do like us and provide a safe enviroment for them to do it in without being too intrusive or parent-like? It's been working here (Louisiana) for years... hell, look at Lafayette. THAT is the place to party when you're under 21 (even under 18)... Damn, I miss those days... :bncry:

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Re: (NonLSU) UGA Prez to CBS-"Don't Call UGA-Fla Game 'World's Largest Cocktail Party

There was also a Florida fan who was beaten to death the game weekend last year. Officials said it was alcohol related as well.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

yea but it had nothing to do with the game. and j-ville has had something like 40 murders already this year. isn't like its not an every other night thing there.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

On a bit of a seperate note:

There was an article out a few weeks ago about UGA not allowing fans to start their tailgating activities until Friday night...or something like that. It all revolved around an SEC school that trashed their campus when they visited.

7. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

The president of the university on an anti-drinking crusade will cause more kids to decide to get plastered to spite him. When I was at LSU, they decided to ban kegs from bid night in order to curb keg stands etc. So we bought about a zillion cases of keystone and spent half the night shotgunning them and the other half throwing them and the lamchops. After i left, they banned drinking on campus, so the parties moved off campus and eventually a couple of pledges died due to alchohol/drugs. Keg stands weren't so bad afterall.

I am pretty well convinced that lawsuits or the threat of lawsuits drive the whole anti-drinking crusade. So from that perspective, I understand. But what underlies the lawsuit is that someone else is responsible to make sure the kids don't drink too much so they will not do something to harm themselves or others. I guess i am a little old fashioned and think that I am responsible for my actions, no matter how much I decided to drink

8. LSUDork

LSUDork LSU Drumline '00-'04

I actually like Jacksonville....I have family in Ponte Vedra Beach.

9. GetBackToWork

GetBackToWork Founding Member

Living in Funroe will do that to you. It makes Des Moines, Iowa seem like the French Riviera.

10. LSUDork

LSUDork LSU Drumline '00-'04

haha! For the record though, we live in Funroe out of necessity not by choice. My wife is in pharmacy school and it was either ULM or Ole Miss! Decision wasn't too hard...we'll be back in Tigerland in 3 years.