"Normal" Barbie will have Acne, Stretch Marks & Cellulite

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Somehow I think @uscvball is going to like this post Maybe they should call it Trailer Park Barbie.

Nikolay Lamm’s long-awaited “Normal Barbies” are finally available for pre-order. The artist and researcher, who designed the “Lammily,” a doll that has the body of an average American woman, received enough crowdfunding to actually bring his realistic doll to the market. But while the toy was originally designed to just give girls a scaled model of the average 19-year-old woman, the dolls will also come with acne, cellulite, stretch marks, and more.

Buyers can pre-order a sticker package that will allow owners to add and remove “marks”that include freckles, glasses, blushing, adhesive bandages, moles, temporary tattoo, stitches, scrapes and scratches, bruises, casts, scars, mosquito bites, grass, and dirt stains.

"When Lammily was initially launched through crowdfunding I read a lot of comments which suggested that nobody wants toys that are based on reality, that kids want fantasy," Lammily tells Yahoo Style. "With these stickers I’m trying my best to show that in the toy world, real life is cool. Yes, it has its ups and downs, it’s not perfect, but it’s all we have, and it’s awesome!

Lamm put out the prototype for his accurate Barbie in June 2013. Using CDC information, he created a 3-D model, which he photographed next to a standard Barbie doll. Lamm then photoshopped the 3-D model to make it look like the iconic doll. He later received enough funding from supporters to turn the sample into a mass-produced item.

Lammily has already been tested on the target market. In a video Lamm made, many kids had similar reactions to his creation. “She’s so pretty,” “I like her,” “she looks like my sister,” “she’s like a real person,” and “I think she’s really pretty,” are a few of the responses that were echoed by multiple children.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Effing stupid IYAM. What is that scar in the second photo, a lipo or stomach stapling scar? Maybe she's a cutter....that would be different. WTF is that on her forehead? Herpes? Hindu gone bad? Hives? If this guy wants reality then where is shallow barbie, anorexia barbie, meth barbie, slut barbie, prego barbie, drop out barbie, lezbo barbie, silicone butt barbie, peanut allergy barbie, passive aggressive barbie, ADD barbie, manic depressive barbie.....why should they just be nice?

IDK...I can't see these dolls getting more than 5 minutes of attention from a kid. "Normal" is boring.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You just might be on to something. There might be millions of dollars to be made from dysfunctional barbies
    :eek:

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

id do her.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Leper Barbie.

HalloweenRun, StaceyO and Bengal B like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Or Ebola Barbie

HalloweenRun and uscvball like this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Those eyes. It looks like a Japanese manga cartoon. If you saw a woman with eyes that big, it would freak everybody out.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Let's go with burka barbie and a marriage cert at 13 or Islam barbie with a mini pack of explosives, or dumb Colorado barbie who comes with a boarding pass for syria. Endless opportunities.

HalloweenRun and Bengal B like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Youve sure got your thinking cap on tonight. Make one for every race, religion, political belief or sexual orientation. Cha Ching!

HalloweenRun likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Swamp Barbie and Duck Commander Barbie

HalloweenRun likes this.