North Korea Jacking with us

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Deceks7, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

They did indeed launch the LR missile, but it blew up in mid-air :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :usaflagwa

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Four missiles in all... hmmm. I wonder what Bush has up his sleeves for ole Kim Jong Il

4. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Does anybody else think the US missile defense is what caused the Taepodong II to blow up in midair and the media just isn't reporting it or do you think it just was a crappy missile?

Now what is Bush and Co go to do about this? Japan, the US, and South Korea have all said that firing this rocket would be seen as a provocative act so do we try to impose more economic sanctions on NK and if so what because they pretty much already have evrey single sanction imaginable or do we actually act militarilly in conjunction with S. Korea and possibly China to try and resolve this issue?

I really don't know what's going on in the world though, it seems like we're all going to Sheol in a handbasket with Israel threatening to attack Hamas leadership whereever they are (including Syria), Arab countries seem to be forming a coalition against Israel in hopes of making up for their failed Yom Kippur war, and now North Korea provoking us by firing there rocket. Crazy times we're living in.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

The bottomline is that this hurt Kim Jon Ill more than it helped him.
    This failure will do nothing to help his position.
    He is a spoiled baby that doesn't get his way.

The only way he ever would succeed in getting anyones attention is if he
    invades South Korea or sends missiles into Japan and starts a conflict otherwise North Korea is a joke.

Btw Bush and the US don't do anything, they just laugh at this loser running North Korea.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I thought that would have been a posibility, but I don't think the missile even went far enough for that to have been plausible.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

That missle failed within a minute. Our missle defense would have intercepted it within 5-7 minutes, so that is highly unlikely, but man do I wish we were that awesome. North Korea just made a big mistake.

8. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

:hihi: That will never happen. They're just as guilty as the NK's. China is an enemy. Don't forget that.

9. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

China may be "the enemy" but they don't want to lose any regional supremacy they have so I could conceivably see them supporting us in any military action.

I wasn't sure how long it would take for us to intercept it so I thought it was a possibility at first, I guess not though.

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Would they help us like they did before? There is zero chance of china helping us with NK. Zero. They would be much more likely to help the NK's fight us.

MacArthur knew what he was talking about. To bad the pussy politicians wouldn't listen.