North Korea Jacking with us

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Deceks7, Jul 4, 2006.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Whatever. That just makes you look even worse. A member of your own family was there, and you still don't know what happened.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Because we invaded Iraq and wipped out their army, took pow's.
    They were brainwashed by Saddam so they had to be evaluated
    to see if they could fit back into society without being a danger to "all".

Dropping bombs maybe, I wish our leaders during WWII knew their where alternatives to invasion.
    We supported pro-democracy and others opposed to Saddam and it didn't work.
    Otherwise see Afghanistan once the Russians left.

China IS an enemy
    This is the craziest thing I've ever heard!

See Ward Churchill, Teachers Union, The left is trying to brainwash all kids to be little leftists and environmentalists while leaving history out or changing history all together.
    I think its working!:wink:

3. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I don't think he was trying to say that China wasn't involved supa was just saying that since the PVA wasn't the "official" chinese army they can tell the world that they didn't support them. China assuredly did support the PVA and equipped them however since it was a "volunteer" group it has allowed them to say that technically it wasn't the Chinese army and Chinese officials had nothing to do with it. Which is why supa said that China still denies official involvement, which they do.

Now, I still think China will help us out on this one, if only because they don't want to lose any regional power to a madman with nuclear missiles right on their doorstep. Up to this point China has been exerting pressure on Kim Jong-Il to give up his nukes and return to the 6 party talks and they don't like that Jong-Il won't listen to them.

Is China our ally? No! They are however an important trading partner and don't want to risk a war with us until they are more economically independent.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Ding ding!!!

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This is true. China works to enrich itself at our expense, hinders us in the UN, is involved in nuclear technology proliferation, and trades with Iran and North Korea during sanctions. However China is embarrased by this latest incident because it makes them look like they can't control Korea. We may be able to exploit that.

North Korea has long been a burden on China that they could do without, especially when they go off and make political trouble like this. China backs up North Korea for one major reason--to use as a bargaining chip.

China wants Taiwan back badly and we want North Korea to be absorbed into South Korea. China see a potential trade-off there and won't cut loose North Korea until we cut loose Taiwan. Neither is likely any time soon.

Three things could have happened to that missile:

1. It malfunctioned. This is most likely, they haven't tested since 1999 and it is a home-grown missile anyway.

2. The Koreans self-destructed it themselves. This allows them to save face by firing the missile in spite of our warnings, but prevents it from being perceived as an attack on anybody.

3. We shot it down covertly and announced it was a malfunction to allow the Koreans to save face publicly, while privately slapping them back a bit. Korea has made no formal annoucement, yet. It sounds far-fetched but there are several interesting co-incidences.

The US is known to be developing boost-phase missile interceptors that hit a missile in its slow, sitting-duck ascent instead of its hypersonic re-entry. For this to work the interceptor missiles have to fairly close to the launch point. The US has permanently stationed an Aegis crusiser capable of carrying such missiles in the Sea of Japan for a year now and this was increased to two last month.

Also interesting is the fact that the Koreans launched 5 decoy missiles along with the ICBM. Maybe it was just to thumb their nose at the US and spook Japan. Or it may have been because they suspected that the US had a boost-phase interception capability and they tried to spoof it with decoys.

6. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I said:

He said:

He obviously had no idea that we had fought the chinese in the past.

No they do not. Nor, as far as I can tell, have they ever.

You think to highly of the chinese. The chinese will never support us against NK. It is not going to happen.

A communist state like china and the United States of America fighting an enemy together.... you're living in a dream world gimp. No offense, but it just can not happen. While you are saying that, they are constantly preparing for war, again, with us.

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

:hihi: whatever.

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Tom Clancy is an effing genius.

9. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

How you get that little runt to stop jacking with us is to arm Japan. N. Korea continues to ask for direct talks with us so we can reward them for defying the world and to get another chance at a face to face with someone they hope is like Albright.

China won't step up and get N. Korea to stop so what we do is arm Japan like we did Europe in the 80s. That will bring everybody back to the table and put us in another position of strength against China......China is the real key here. They love having N. Korea flip us the bird in front of the world. Well see how much they like having a Japan with nukes.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I'm not worried about North Korea at all.
    What bothers me about this is that China and other countries such as Syria, Iran are watching just how far they can push the bar.
    Another reason why Iraq was so dangerous, they set the precedent of a failed corrupt UN and its law enforcement of which the opponents of the Iraq war totally ignore.