North Texas Happy to Face Two-Headed Dilemma

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Jun 15, 2005.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

"... Both Patrick Cobbs and Jamario Thomas are unselfish, we're told. They're buds. Living together, in fact. There really is no starter between the two returning backs for the four-time Sun Belt champion Mean Green."

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/8560890

Thought you folks might find these comments interesting, the ones below posted by a UNT fan (didn't know there were any, actually):

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

But that's a big IF. North Texas tragically lost their backup QB in a car wreck last year, and they don't have anybody with D1-A game experience on their roster to line up behind center. They can't just cram it down our throat with Cobbs and Thomas; we're too solid up the middle. They need some outside threat and some passing game to beat us.

We'll get a good test from them, I think. But I know exactly how the game is gonna go. Thomas and Cobbs will get their yards (100+ apiece) but we give UNT nothing in passing and are able to pack 'em in and bow up in the red zone. We will be just fine on offense. I honestly look for a score like 38-17, or something along those lines.

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Next year is the year UNT beats LSU

Just like

Last year was the year that UNT was going Texas

2003 was the year UNT was going to beat OU

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I don't even think Cobbs and Thomas get 100 yards combined, to mention nothing of individually. What did Ronnie Brown and the Caddy gain on us last year? I don't think they both went over 100 yards (though Brown was a stud). Still, AU only scored 10 points on us.

Does anyone honestly think that UNT can abuse us? If LSU played in the Sun Belt conference, our running backs would have thousands of yards gained against that competition.

It won't be close, and I'm also surprised that there are UNT fans. I only live about 20 miles from UNT, and my husband is a grad of that school--and we've only gone to one game up in Denton in the 8 years I've lived in Texas.

5. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Since Texas--a team with a defense no better than LSU's--held the pair to 38 total rushing yards in a 65-0 rout in 2004, I respectfully disagree with the "good test" part.

I think Les and the boys are going to make a statement that evening. Look for a can (or a whole 12-pack) to be opened up on the boys from Denton, Texas. :shock:

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I think our D will rival the 2003 squad against the run.. i dont expect some SEC teams to put up 100, much the Power from the SBC.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i'll be glad to take that bet. :hihi: :hihi: