Northwestern players are a LITTLE TOO happy...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BostonBengal, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Thanks, Sassy. This team truly overachieved this year. We were good because some of our kids have played together since high school. We have no four star players on the roster, none of our seniors are heading off to the pros... just a hard-working team that could beat, or be beaten by, anyone.

NW State deserves a lot of credit coming back twice... the second time from 17 down. Now I hope they win again so our loss won't be as "brutal".

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I'm upset, Hawker! (though I'm sure it's nothing compared to the way you feel), but I had Iowa beating Texas!!! :po: ;)

3. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

I think that's OleVENICEdog's hand......
    Ya know....that's what he must have meant by his "inside source" :hihi:

4. Blackstripes

Blackstripes Founding Member

congrats to my alma mater!!!

:lsup:

5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

And now... to throw more dirt on our casket, Marcellus Summerville scores 21 point, five treys, to lead Bradley over Kansas.
    Marcellus is the Iowa recruit who Alford "ran off" by dissing him as not a team player when Steve was "new" and Marcellus was our only 4 star recruit. Alford also had a run in with Nick DeWitz that same season and DeWitz is now Oregon State's second leading scorer.

OK, OK, I'm venting here... sorry. It's just that I had bought these avocados so they'd be ripe by Sunday's game... now I don't care if they rot.

6. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I didn't get to see the whole NSU-Iowa match as they only showed bits and pieces over here. If anybody saw the whole game, I was wondering if NSU's McConathy substituted by fives (five at a time) as he has done in the past. An interesting way to play.

Will be interesting to see what they can do to stop the big guy from WVa. If you stop him, I think you beat 'em.

7. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

you're almost as sick as he is, Cajun J....lmao only you would have come up with this one...touche' ;)

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

One of the great side notes of this win for NWST is hearing announcers absolutely BUTCHER the pronunciation of Natchitoches...:hihi:

9. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

I know, bayareatiger. It drives me nuts...;)