Not exactly a free speech board is it

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tom, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Tom

Tom Founding Member

>>If this board is going to degrade into insults and legal accusations I will shut it down. I don’t need the hassle. I’m not a baby sitter.

Baby is the correct word, because the whining I heard was a guy who directly attacked Democrats as wanting to count invalid votes
    which CLEARLY and IN ANYONE'S MIND was a personal attack against the integrity and honesty of that party's followers, then had the INCREDIBLE GALL to complain when the word hypocrite was used and LAUGHABLY said that was a personal attack. Look up the definition of the word hypocrite. And whether you keep the board up or not is YOUR business, but if you try to con people into believing this is a free speech board when YOU post personal attacks, and then complain when others make counter label accusations, then you need to rename the board. Just call it the GOP political dogma board. This board is looking VERY, VERY SIMILAR to another board where the moderator was obviously a rightwing GOP zealot who didn't want opposing views heard.

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I explained this very clearly in the thread that was deleted. Maybe you didn't get to read it, so here is the condensed version.

You are free to debate your opinion about democrats, Republicans, the Tooth Fairy, or whatever. I never questioned your attacks on Republicans or conservatives.

What is not allowed are personal attacks toward specific members on this board.

Surely you know the difference between:
    "Republicans (or Democrats) are _______"

and

"(Tigerforums.com member) is a stupid idiot"

I know you do.

You can insult the GOP or the DNC all you want. I don't care. But personal attacks toward specific members of this board will not be allowed.

3. Ellis Hugh

Actually, 90% of the posts on this particular forum are left of center, and when the couple of us disagree it seems to ruffle feathers. Read the posts. It is more DNC dogma than GOP.

Again, views about parties, politics, current events, Santa Claus, and ALL OPPOSING VIEWS are just fine. Personal attacks toward specific members of Tigerforums.com are not. Surely you can tell the difference. If you'll notice, no one ever told you to back off from stating your views about issues. Only to lay off personal insults toward board members. It's not a difficult concept.

4. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Your points do not represent the history of the thread

First, I was called a leftist by someone else and hinted to be a Marxist. You apparently do not consider that a personal attack, huh? Second, you said Democrats wanted invalid votes counted. Since I am a Democrat and everyone knows that, you made yet another personal attack. Oh, and BTW, "Democrats wanted invalid votes counted" is stereotyping at its worst. You did not say SOME Democrats or CERTAIN Democrats, you said Democrats. You have NO IDEA what criteria I would have placed on ballot counting because I never stated it. Thus, you made a ridiculous statement without any proof or substantiation at all. Third, your little announcement message says "baby sitting" -- I assume you are referring to one or more "babies" on this board, and that is yet MORE NAMECALLING. The bottom line is YOU are namecalling left and right, others have made personal labeling of me such as leftist and Marxist, yet apparently, your standards are different in those circumstances. That is the definition of hypocrisy.

5. Tigre

Tigre Founding Member

Tom, just shut up and say yes

before he sends your butt packing from yet another forum. My God, you find a reason to argue about everything, even when you know you're wrong.

6. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Go Tom, go Tom, Go Tom......

Old friends gettin together, kinda brings a tear to the eye......

Malt, 'Things to do in Denver when you're dead...'

7. Tigre

Tigre Founding Member

Go ahead. Form a crowd

I'll call in backup (Zip and LSUMJ)

8. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Tigre, I know you have problems with the simplest of concepts

I was NOT send packing from the other forum. I will use small words so that you can understand. The other forum wanted to charge for the privilege of posting to that board. I did not wish to pay. Hopefully, you can understand that simple concept, but knowing your past history, perhaps some diagrams would be helpful. Once again, your lack of knowledge on issues is only surpassed by your total lack of common sense and your aversion to anything factual or truthful.

9. Ellis Hugh

Ahhh, the love eminating from this board is so heartwarming. It gives me a warm fuzzy.:p