Not much difference from last week

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBrit, Oct 10, 2010.

1. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I thought LSU kind of dominated, so I would kind of agree with the OP. I don't think we dominated against the Vols, that is the difference.

Sorry but that was a good team victory, of course Les really has no idea what the F he is doing at the end of the game... he diffidently has Angels sitting on his shoulder. :)

With this said, in the Swamp, it was a super duper win.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Getting your runs stuffed on 1st and 2nd down doesn't open up the pass. It just puts you in obvious passing situations. That's the first time in my life that I've heard getting your run stuffed opens up the passing game, definitely a new concept.:insane:

3. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

of course Les really has no idea what the F he is doing at the end of the game... he diffidently has Angels sitting on his shoulder. :)

In his mind I think it went the way he thought except he thought we would score the TD on the fake. I hate that LSU does not have it's time outs at the end of the game. I loved how we ended the 1st half. You are on the road and pin down the Gators and use 2 of your 3 TO to control the clock. You get the ball back and run control runs to set up a FG and call time out. You wanted a TD but playing for a FG at that moment and getting it is not bad at all.

I think that coach thought with 3rd and short at the end of the game a Ridley run to the left would pick up 2 yards. That is when things go south with coach when the primary thought doesn't work. At this point he knows his guy can hit a 53 yard FG.

I don't think coach decided to go fake until the time out. What I like about coach is that all the stuff of the week means nothing to him. He trys the long FG like 88% of all coaches and we miss it's a oh well heart breaking but well played football game.

If that fake doesn't work it's all hell in BR , all HELL!!!!

Coach Les Miles is my coach from now on 100% of the time and the negatigers can go to hell! Move to South Bama and pull for the average day to day guy. I am a Tiger fan and my coach has a set of Nuts that can put on display in the College Football Hall of Fame.

Love this team and this coaching staff. We have something going right now that the negatigers are not going to be able to stop. JJ and JL have 1 1/2 years to go and it's going to be tough to stop these guys. Our D will only get better and the freshman class we have coming in looks like the 2001 class.

Get ready Tigers

Get ready

1 person likes this.
  4. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

They were playing with basically no safeties back there most of the game on 1st and 2nd... man on man with nada support. It should have been a pass play on every 1st and 2nd down.

It was still a great win, but yes LSU needs to have someone be able to hit someone in stride when there absolutely no over the top support.

5. TwistedTiger

yes, I really only have a problem with the last 3 drives where they went ultra conservative. Other than that we moved the ball well. Let Lee throw short high percentage passes on first or second down in those 3 drives and we may not have needed last second heroics. Lee also should have been the QB on all 3.

6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Yeah I get the whole QB situation and the time at the 2nd half. I just meant, how do you not give credit to the coaches for having a gameplan? I guess it's all in how you read it, though. I hate that term, "in spite of coaching". It absolutely makes no sense.

Not you in particular. I meant "you" as a... you know what I mean :grin:

7. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Lee has the 2nd best arm in the league IMHO, something I have said for a while, I don't know if they can do it the rest of the year but Lee is capable of doing it if given the right OC. There is no reason LSU should not average 350-425 yards a game even against tough opponents.

Good win, I will save the rest of the well this or that next week... just a good victory.

8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

To quote Vince Lombardi" "Winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing."

It's not good enough that Miles has an 80% winning percentage in a 5+ year span, but for some fans they have to continually nitpick until they find something wrong.

If LSU wins a road game in a stadium that is as hard to win in for opponents as Tiger Stadium is, if they eliminate just about all of the dumb penalties they have been known for, they cut their turnovers in 1/2 from the previous week, if they manage the clock effectively, and if they beat an elite team that almost NO Tiger fans would have agreed they would win prior to the season starting (because they have embittered themselves over a false assumption that LSU is the 3rd best team in the SEC on a good day) - it's simply not good enough.

When someone argues that we are not winning by enough points to satisfy them, it suggests one of 2 things to me: either they feel compelled to bitch about something because they can't allow themselves to think that the HC has any level of competence or they feel a burning need to thumb their noses in opponents faces because on some level they are not personally satisfied unless they have the opportunity to be a prick.

I could care less how many points LSU wins by (but I don't gamble or place bets on any sporting event) as long as they win. I am just glad that this team is winning games where there are not portions of the game characterized by an utter 'out of control' feeling.

9. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I agree. The last 3 drives or basically the entire 4th quarter was nothing but Miles trying run out the clock while he had the lead. The worst set of downs when right after UF ran one back for a TD, he put Lee in there for two runs up the middle and then the obvious pass play.

Also every time JJ came in we had trouble moving the ball. I can see putting him to change the pace a bit but giving him the majority of the snaps was a bad move, especially once UF made adjustments. Also, he still has trouble with passes, so having him in n an obvious passing play, isn't going to scare the defense.

10. TwistedTiger

You have to give credit where credit is do for both the good and bad. This was obviously the best offensive performance and the best offensive game plan this year by far. The defense was it's normal bad a$$ self, nothing new there. The WR's really caught the ball consistently for the first time all season and the OL even with injuries played "damn strong".

There was however a lot of sloppy play and extremely costly mistakes. That stuff should be getting cleaned up by now. Clock management, play calling in the 4th and knowing when to go for two still needs some work.

Still a high quality win against a pretty good opponent in their house. Not many wins for visitors in the swamp in recent years. Team still improving and Lee forcing Miles/Crowtons hand. Lots of potential but not much time to celebrate, several tough games ahead.