Not The Best?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Golden Tiger, Mar 29, 2006.

1. MEW4thTiger

MEW4thTiger Founding Member

Scrappy, I think you meant to say that....the four best teams "from the regular season" are not in the Final Four. Obviously the best teams in the tournament "right now" are LSU, UCLA, GM and Florida.

Also, if LSU does get past UCLA and plays Florida in the Championship, you're saying "it would suck" if LSU wins because Florida beat LSU twice during the regular season? Furthermore you say that these #1 seeds were just out played on a certain night ........this certain night is what they played for all year. The culmination of an entire season with no life lines. You say they are the best b/c of the past, and I say they are the past. Remember, you are only as good as your last game.......and they lost. You sound like Matt Linehart after the Rose Bowl saying that USC was the better team. Why, because they held the #1 ranking all year. Dude you and Matt are feeding yourself a bowl full of crap that came outta your mouth. You also say "Trust me" .....trust what? Are you a bookie--I don't bet. What is there to trust? That the #1 seed will always prevail.....well you keep picking them, since it's the sure thing......and I'll keep taking LSU. GEAUX TIGERS:lsup:

2. Fububutsy

Fububutsy Founding Member

wow scrappy, you never cease to amaze me. Just when everybody thinks that you can't say anything worse, you come up with something even more idiotic to say. :dis:

3. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

No kidding. It's idiotic statements such as those that cause me to never listen to his wannabe radio show in the mornings.

4. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Well it sounds like we know who really wrote that article right Scrappy!

Poor UConn,Duke,Vill,and Memp............It's just a fluke that they all lost, to the teams that are playing in the Final Four. Yep, LOST TO THE TEAMS PLAYING IN THE FINAL FOUR.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

Instead of Scrappy, I propose we just refer to him as Squeeky since everytime he says something I hear a little squeek instead of a logical coherent thought.

6. Golden Tiger

Or we could just drop the S.................:lol: :lol: :rofl:

7. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Just an opinion guys. The best teams right now are in the final four. The beat teams all year didnt make it. These are the teams that are playing best when it counts. I give them all the credit for that. LSU is a good ball club right now. Florida is a good ball club right now. They are playing great when it counts and thats the mark of a champion. Still, I wouldnt say that GMU is one of the best teams in the country.They are maybe top 25. The best regular season teams are now out. It doesnt matter what you do in the regular season it matters what you do in the post season. If GMU somehow wins, I'd be hard pressed to call them the best team of this year.

8. Golden Tiger

You and others might have a hard time calling them the best, but whoever wins out will be called National Champs......:yelwink2:

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

His logic is flawed. By saying that the four teams headed to the final four are undeserving of a NC, he's implying that some of the teams that lost ARE deserving of a NC. How can a team that loses in the big dance be deserving, they had their chance. They obviously aren't good enough or they wouldn't have lost. The best doesn't lose when it counts.

Somehow I can't imagine him saying this about Duke if they were in the final four, yet they lost to FSU and beyong JJ their game has huge holes. That article is a joke.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

This is the whole problem. People such as yourself trust their "opinion" over what happens on the court/field. There is no way to know who the best teams are during the regular season, there are over 300 teams. The matrix of games makes for a very complicated determination of which team is best. That is the point of a playoff and why college football needs a playoff. You take educated opinions or well thought out formulas and determine a field of teams worthy of playing for the national championship. It's like statistics helping to solve problems that are mathematically unsolvable - you may not have a concrete solution but you can find a range of solutions that satisfies the problem most of the time.

To hell with all the pompous opinions, how about doing something that actually makes sense. All those big time teams had their shots, chances that were (fairly) slanted in their favor. And they came up short - the end.