Not The Best?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Golden Tiger, Mar 29, 2006.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Teams play all year preparing for the post season. 15 wins in a row to start the season means nothing if you lose in the tournament, from the standpoint of determining who is the best when all is said and done. The trophy does not go to the "best" team based upon season long performance. It goes to the last one standing.

2. MEW4thTiger

MEW4thTiger Founding Member

I don't know how to make all the nice little purple boxes that have quotes, however two quotes below from sCrappy:

1.) I know some of you may not believe it, but honestly, the 4 best teams in the country are Duke, UConn,Nova and Memphis.

2.) Just an opinion guys. The best teams right now are in the final four.

Scrappy, you are falling all over yourself son. Which one is it? You manage to contradict yourself in less than 12 hours. You can't have it both ways.....but I've known plenty of idiots like yourself who like to try and straddle both sides of the fence.....in an attempt to save face. Stick with you idiotic opinions ie. when you wrote LSU off against Duke and tried to save par by saying "I've got it on tape that I said LSU could win the game". To hear you talk you must be a Northerner, better yet an ESPN groupie known for giving Dukies tea bags every chance you can.

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Let me rephrase so you can understand it.. I can see where it would be confusing.

The best teams in America are your number one seeds. They have been there all year and they have produced all year. All but Memphis played in a tough conference and they ALL played very tough OOC schedules. When I said that the best teams RIGHT NOW are in the final four I meant, the teams that are playing the best ball right now. The teams that are winning the games right now. I'm sorry you misunderstood that. Its not a contradiction at all. The tournament benefits those that are playing good basketball right now. I love the tourney, but you will not always have the best team win the title. It's just a matter of playing big when it counts. With that in mind, Im giving tons of credit to the teams that are in it right now b/c they are playing big in crunch time.

4. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

If they proved it on the playing court, the team is a champion. I don't care about the whatifs or what happened earlier in the year. In the record books, it'll show that team winning the title just like the record books show LSU winning the BCS in 2003.

5. SabanFan

You are confusing "The Best" with "Media Favorites".

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Well he is media (sorta, kinda, but not really) so those two things are the same to him.

7. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Thank you for the compliment Grad!!:thumb: lol. Teams like Tennessee can be considered media darlings. They really didn't prove anything during the year to warrant that 2 seed. UConn, Duke, Memphis, and Nova earned their high seeds. They were media darlings, but you know why???? B/c they are good teams. I know there is all sorts of resentment on this board for any team that gets media recognition...ala USC or well **** basically anyone thats not LSU. Well you should be basking in the glory right now, the whole world it loving on LSU. It seems to be the consensus that LSU will run away with it now. How will they respond with the world with them as opposed to against them???

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

According to who? You?

There is no way you (or anyone) can determine which team is best without having a playoff. You can have a general idea of where a team belongs, but pinpointing the best teams is an inexact science. That is the reason we have the tournament. Luckily, someone in power realized this, otherwise we'd have the same situation as football. Now you and other knuckleheads want to discredit the tournament because the best teams, based on opinions, lost despite having the easiest path to the championship? That is a joke. :dis:

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Don't mind me. I am just busy ripping games of the best team in the nation from my DVR to my computer.

10. SabanFan

This is so incredibly obvious that I don't know why I'm arguing. Your assumption that the #1 seeds are the best because they were #1 seeds makes no sense. It's all subjective. George Mason is entitled to count themselves as one of the 4 best teams because they beat your best team on the court. There is no other objective method of determining "THE BEST" Same goes for LSU! SOS, winning streaks, rankings, reputation, etc all factor into determining who everyone thinks is best. But, once you strap it on and go at it mano a mano, the winner of that match is the best. Period.