Note to Van Chancellor

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DownOnTheBayou, Apr 6, 2008.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Van has repeatedly said he changed nothing this season. I think you will see them try to play the same type D but with major changes in offensive philosophy.

2. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

We are gonna be short, I think our tallest player is 6-3. Our front line will be 6-2, 6-3, 6-2. Should be fun as they were all big time scorers in High School. Baylor signed a 6-7 player out of Texas I was sure wanting...

3. Tom Callender

Question, Are these last 5 final four apperances the only ones LSU has ever made?? I was thinking that a few years back (10-15) LSU had a couple of players from Australia that were very good & they went to the final four or even to the final game. Is my memory failing me?

4. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

Found this in an online media guide. I remembered part of it like you, but here's the details.

http://www.lsusports.net/src/data/lsu/assets/docs/wb/pdf/07guide015-052.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=5200

Page 49 starts historical info

5. Tom Callender

Thanks.. so it was the AIAW final four & not the NCAA's. thanks again..

6. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Hard to imagine a player who can shoot the ball on this team and she never sees the court. My god I have never seen a worse collection of shooters on any team at any level in my life.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yet, they make 5 Final Fours in a row. Go figure.

8. Tigers Paw

Their defense carried them every year and they did play good defense but this group of seniors other than Fowles never had anyone that could consistently shoot the ball and it seemed the bigger the stage the worse the shooting. Unfortunate because with just one threat from the outside they probably would have multiple championships.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

North Carolina scored 80 per game and didn't make the Final Four. Would you prefer to lose 110 to 100? They had a bad offensive night but you don't reach 5 FFs in a row without some shooting/scoring. Tiger Woods lost his last tournament. I guess he should learn to putt.

10. Tigers Paw

Lack of a consistent shooter besides Fowles is what prevented them from winning it all. Sure against most teams in women's college basketball it did'nt matter because after the first 8 or 9 teams there is a big dropoff but against the better teams it's going to hurt you.