Notes from Saban dinner in Metairie

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerskin, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

M.Hill is gone. Hawkins is LSU. Tony Bell is gone. Jones is LSU.

For next year Nate Livings to right tackle. Melvin Oliver will probably take Hill's spot. No timetable on QB.

Video shown- Pat White impressive. So is Hawkins and Xavier Carter. Carter looks a little raw to me. Ryan Miller looks great Tyson Jackson suprisingly good. Highsmith and Kuale are very good at linebacker. Big Herm will be dominant after conditioned a couple of years.

2. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

THANKS!!

nice update!

were there any further comments about the schedule? any other changes besided Oregon St?

3. Tigerskin

No other schedule changes but

Saban did discuss Virginia Tech and Marshall. Said they mainly backed off for tv money. Saban also said ESPN wanted LSU to play a Thursday night game(not sure against who). He told them no. ESPN said you will lose out on an ESPN game. Saban told them no we want because y'all will put us on tv no matter when we play. Who's your daddy ESPN.

4. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

LOL!!! yeah baby!!

5. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

LOL. Very nice.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: No other schedule changes but

I LOVE IT!! KEEP IT UP NICK!! TREV AND HERBSTRIET WILL BE FIGHTING TO SEE WHO GETS TO KISS YOUR ASS FIRST!!

7. max

max Founding Member

TIGERSKIN, what does no timetable on QB means? Does that mean that it is an open competition between the three but Randall will be given the most close look? Does he mean that a QB will be declared when it is obvious who is the best for the season rather it is after spring, before game one, or before the GA game?

I would like us to play the Troy State game on Thursday. We are coming off a bye, so we would still have plenty of time to prepare and it is the only way that it would be televised.

8. Tigerskin

Marcus Randall will have

a slight lead but the other two will be given the opportunity to win the job. Whoever can best move the football team will be the QB. This thing will play itself out. There will be no timetable such as before the end of spring practice, one month before the season, etc. The performance of the players will determine who and when the starter is named. I know it sounds vague but that is the point. It will be a judgement decision and Saban will decide when he and only he is ready to name a starter. And if that starter does not move the team he will sit.

9. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

A thursday night game would be terrible. First of all, attendance may hit an all-time low (especially if its on tv and vs. Troy St.) Secondly, there's class/work on Thursdays. Lastly, there's work/class on Friday. I could go on, but hopefully no one else will mention a Thursday night game EVER AGAIN.

10. BB

BB Founding Member

THURSDAY NIGHT GAMES ARE RESERVED FOR AUBURN - IS IT JUST ME, OR DO THEY PLAY A THURSDAY NIGHT GAME EVERY YEAR? I GUESS THE PARKING WITH CLASSES AND A WEEK DAY ISN'T A PROBLEM SINCE THE ENTIRE PLACE IS A DAMNED COW PASTURE.