Notes from someone in Iraq

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by dallastigers, Feb 21, 2004.

1. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

This is from a former coworker of mine who is now in Iraq. He was in the military before I worked with him, but he is over there in some other capacity. I do not know exactly what that means.

Do not take his "honesty" about the conditions as him not thinking we should be there, which should be obvious by his last comment.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This is exactly why it is critical that George W. Bush wins re-election in November. We need someone with the balls to confront these non-human people. And for those people who didn't like our pre-emptive war against Iraq, get over it. It's a brand new world. This is how you destroy these people before they destroy us.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Good post. Bill Clinton and now frontrunner John Kerry view the fight against terrorism not as a war but as a problem for law enforcement; ie, wait until they commit an act or terrorism on American soil and then arrest the perpertrators and put them on trial. That is an unrealistic and idiotic viewpoint. We are in a war against evil forces who will stop at nothing to destroy us. If the events of 9/11 didn't wake up the liberals nothing will. If we don't track them down and kill them wherever on the face of the Earth they may be there will be more terrorist atrocities committed on American soil.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

9/11 woke them up. They just went back to sleep when they realized that Bush's response was going to guarantee his reelection. The liberals would prefer to have the Sears Tower go down at the hands of our enemies than to lose the White House again.