Nothing but love for Saban

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sugarlsu, Dec 25, 2004.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

who was starting an argument? that was advice for the lil kids who happen to read my posts. I'm thinking of putting it in all my posts. Public Service from us jerks. Bad guys... etc...

No I never realized that, though, thanks for pointing it out. I'll be sure to stop posting right away because of you're excellent observational skills. :thumb:
    Feel free to "attack" :confused: my posts anytime though.

funny I don't "feel" attacked? :confused:

BTW didnt you make this post??

Homer announces Saban worth it

Be sure to take that prozac! :thumb:

2. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

He is/was worth it. Just ask Miami. That does not mean that he did not screw LSU with the timing and method of his departure.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i hear that. i dont live in baton rouge, and it seems to me i have been seeing more lsu gear all over the place. a few months ago i saw 3 separate people wearing lsu gear in the outfield seats at yankee stadium. LSU is ELITE now. LSU has as much notoriety as any university. everywhere you go, people respect LSU. no question about that.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I agreed with your post about worth it. I was just pointing out what a "Homer" ( you're own words ) you were for posting it. The old adage, you shouldn't cast stones if you live in a glass house. :wink:
    BTW the original post I made where I quoted you wasn't meant like you were the only one crying. if the shoe fits though..... :wink:

5. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

YES!!!

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

sugarlsu, great post.

Saban did not screw LSU.

First off, if he wouldn't had taken his time and thought out this decision very well and announced it 10 days ago all of the same people that say he screwed LSU by taking so long would have been whining about how he must not have cared about LSU at all since he made such a quick decision.

So now, since he did take his time because he was truely torn, as Skip has told us over and over, they offer up that he's been knowing all along that he was leaving but was just using LSU as leverage to get a better deal. No matter how Saban would have handled this the same people would still be complaining. There was no way many fans were going to let him off the hook for leaving.

If he would have announced before the season, people would have screamed we couldn't get a good coach at that time.

If he would have announced during the season they would scream about how could he do that to his players and fans.

We saw what happened when he did it now.

If he would announce after this recruiting class was signed he would have been a fraud for not telling his new recruits. There is no good time to leave a college head coaching job.

7. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

The bad thing about Saban leaving is that IF LSU would have hired one of the other coaches that were available then we could have saved the buy out money. Other than that if we want a different coach we will have to shuck out some cash.