Notre Dame Drops from #91 to #101 out of 119 teams

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TenTexLA, Oct 3, 2007.

1. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/10/02/26-119powerrankings4/index.html

I'm starting to feel sorry for Notre Dame. They have a great high profile football program that we all like to beat. LSU's Sugar Bowl win last year was extra special because it was against Notre Dame and Brady Quinn. Has Notre Dame ever been ranked this low in the history of their program? Is there anything to indicate they may turn it around? Michigan's Lloyd Carr did a wonderful job of turning Michigan around after a shocking two loses to start the season. I just can't believe how bad Notre Dame is right now. Any thoughts to why this is?

Has LSU ever been as bad as Notre Dame is this year? I just don't get how a high profile program with Notre Dame's recruiting power can be so bad. Has Charlie Weis given a clue to why they are so bad?

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Perhaps Weis isn't the offensive genius that everyone in the media said he is?

Perhaps Clausen is just like the other Clausens? I mean, I know he was good in high school, but he was, after all, three years older than his competition.

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

That's CharLLLLLie 'eis.

now with 5 L's and no W.

2 people like this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I dunno Stacey, I think it could be a case of Weis' knowledge being irrelevant when you can't sell it to the team. As far as Claussen, I still think he could be a good one but behind an OLine like he's been playing, we may never know. :hihi:

I mean 6 sacks against Penn St, 8 against Michigan, that's not even factoring in the "Hurries".

5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Has any team been in a BCS bowl one year and ranked out of the top 100 the next? I suppose the excuses over Ty's classes will continue through this year and how young their team is, but what will be the company line next year when the losses pile up?

6. BayouIrish

BayouIrish Founding Member

Can someone get me the numbers for the AD's at the #102-#119 ranked schools? I'd like to see if we can schedule them!

It would take too much space for me to begin to come up w/ explanations for what's going on in South Bend.

The sad thing is there is no way they can get rid of Weis. His contract is too expensive, and more importantly, no one else wants the job.

There are a few small glimmers of hope appearing when some of freshman are getting into the action, but I'm pretty sure next year will be pretty bad, too. Hopefully, they can get the schedule to look more like the end of this years.

The real telling factor will be if they can keep this years recruiting class together, and keep them on the team after they sign.

1 person likes this.
  7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

The few ND acquaintances I have pretty much blame all this years problems on Willinghams recruiting. There will be no such excuse next year because Weiss will have brought in the previous 4 classes. Its ironic that during CW's first 2 years he won with those same crappy recruiting classes but in year 3 he is losing with them. Go figure huh? Could it be that Willingham had a few better players on campus then he is being credited for? Time will tell.

I think next year will be another tough year for ND and with no Willingham excuse where do they vent their anger? CW is probably safe through 2008 but if he doesnt produce in 2009 he will have to be fired. If that happens history will not be kind to him but will be for Willingham's recruits. CW will have had his greatest success with Willingham's players and the worst record with his own. Now that would be interesting to say the least.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

at 100 even tulane is ahead of nd. :hihi:

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Well, that's fitting because Tulane gave us a better game in the Superdome than ND did.

2 people like this.
  10. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I'm hoping someone really close to the ND program sees this thread. I would really like to know more about what is really going on up there in South Bend. What I've heard so far is not new. I wonder if Charlie Weis is just not head coach material.

Question??? With Notre Dame ranked so low, how bad will this reflect on USC's BCS ranking? I'm sure USC counts on a high strength of schedule boast from ND. I know the Pac 10 is up but a winless Notre Dame team could be disaster for USC BCS points.