Notre Dame Drops from #91 to #101 out of 119 teams

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TenTexLA, Oct 3, 2007.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

SOS was taken out of the BCS forumula.

2. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I thought it was just diminished. Completely?

3. LSUTiga

I'm not sure, thought I'd read that. I could be completely wrong....I'll check.

4. KajunKenny

KajunKenny Founding Member

LOL.. I Was gonna give ya some rep for that post but the little rep thingie is gone... sup with that?

5. LSUTiga

I don't pay much attn. to the formulas, I hate math and was one reasons I majored in English but here's what I found:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/7499505

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bcs_explained.html

6. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

:rofl: Now that's the funniest thing I've seen all day!

I like to think of it like this:

Notre Dame, after suffering a brutal, merciless beating at the hands of the LSU Tigers in the 2007 SugarBowl, was so devastated and completely embarassed that they never recovered. They were so badly manhandled that each player lost his drive and determination to ever play competitively again... When Coach Weis asked his players to put forth their best effort at the onset of this year's season, one of his offensive linemen looked at him with trepidation, an unmistakable terror in his eyes, and said "But Coach, if we end up having another good year, we might have to face Glen Dorsey and LSU again." In unison, the rest of the team gasped. It was then the plan was formed to put up as few offensive points as humanly possible.

1 person likes this.
  7. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Thanks for posting. I guess that is why the AP always votes against the BCS if given any reason to. I still think 2003 AP voting USC #1 was all about protesting against the BCS. We did what we were suppose to and won in 2003.

1 person likes this.
  8. col reb

col reb Founding Member

AIN'T IT A SHAME? I'M TOO SCARED TO GO LOOK FOR THE REBS!!!!!!!!!!:bncry: :nope: :cuss: :po: :angryfire :rofl:

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Wonder how much of the QB talent/experience drop off could be attributed to CW keeping BQ in for blowouts, to allegedly pad his offensive stats? I know Clausen is a frosh, but maybe one of the other guys they have could be taking the brunt of this with a little more experience...

Now lets also assume CW did the same thing with the rest of the 1rst team. I do not watch or track ND football so I can't confirm but maybe someone else can.

Food for thought...
    Fur

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Hey...if you get rid of the first 100...they're #1.

There's probably a clause in the BCS that states Notre Dame is still bowl eligible if they finish in the Top 10 of the second hundred or the Top 3 of the Independents. :hihi: