Notre Dame staff member just a bit mad at USC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MarineTiger, Nov 28, 2004.

1. GeauxHard

GeauxHard Freshman

Torgo, Snoop is a Gangsta Rapper

"I keep a blue flag hanging out my backside
    But only on the left side, yeah that's the Crip side" - Drop it Like It's Hot

"Then bounce back to the hood and C-walk the set" - Gangsta Move (If you don't know, then you dont understand)

"I shoot 'em up, I bang bang" - 213, The Gangsta Clicc

"Gangsta blues with a gangsta ooze
    A whole bunch of gangstas followin' gangsta rules" - Gangsta Wit It

"They love it when I get to crippin'" - P.I.M.P.

"Coldest entertainer gangbanger since Alphonz Capone" - Still a G Thang

Come to think of it, I can not think of a better example of "Gangsta" rap. I don't care if the guy is a little league coach, he is what he is. I certainly would not want my kids to think of him as a role model. Unless of course they are majoring in Pimping and Banging

2. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

What a culture we live in. "Nevermind his criminal record, if you haven't MET the man, you can't judge him." I never met Ted Bundy either so I guess I had no business judging his character either.

3. Dr. Torgo

Dr. Torgo Founding Member

Well, I agree with that, but for very different reasons.

Sad, really.

=Oh, and good point about Bundy - that's exactly what I meant. :dis:

4. Dr. Torgo

Who - the President of the United States?

Oh, I see. Nevermind. :hihi:

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Didn't the phrase Gangsta Rap come from Snoop Dogg and his peers who came out in the early '90's?

He's not a positive role model. End of story, no justifications needed.

6. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Snoop Dog a role model. Well then Charles Manson must be rehabilitated. And Dan Rather is unbiased. And Bill Clinton did not have sexual relations with that woman.

I dont have kids but if i did. I would make sure they didnt consider Snoop Dog a role model.

I would hope that i would be a role model for them in living my life according to God's rules.

And Rosie O'donnel wouldnt be either. She makes me ill.

Parents and family should be where kids get their values. And if i was a parent i would not let my kids watch T.V at all until they were 10-12 years old. Not all but most of T.V. is unfit for small children to watch.

Geaux Tigers

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Notre Dame = Snoop Dog?

8. Dr. Torgo

Thanks, but I think 162 is a high enough IQ. A lobotomy might also compromise the validity of my PhD. I would be willing to compare intelligences with you any day, sir.

Now, I never said Snoop Dogg should be a model for children, although some parents in his football leagues consider him to be a good one. However, we are talking about grown men (yes, 18-22 is grown, and we need to stop babying them as a society). If they are really going to be affected negatively by having a celebrity fan of their team, however notorious a public persona he has, speak to them, then they have serious issues with their esteem and self-worth.

As a father, I have raised my son better than that, therefore I would not worry that his meeting a celebrity would somehow magically transform him into a miscreant of some sort.

Oh, and whoever pointed out the stuff about his music, thanks for actually researching it. You proved me wrong on that point - kudos.

Oh and thanks for the pointless insult, Fightin Tiger. You are a brillant conversationalist.

-Dr. "Sippin' on Gin & Juice" Torgo :lol:

9. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

Come on Martin, I know you will love this!!

Torgo: Maybe you and TigerRagAndrew can save the world one day!! :thumb:

10. Dr. Torgo

Hey, someone questions the size of mine, I'm not afraid to whip it out. :hihi:

No, I don't want to save the world - I'm too busy listening to all my Snoop Dogg albums.

That's a joke.