Notre Dame vs LSU Citrus Bowl official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 1, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Every single coach that was in every discussion for a job would have been as great if not less a risk than Ed Orgeron. From Fedora, to Fleck, to Rhule, to Kiffin, to Frost, to Morris, to Norvell, to even Dave Aranda. Which one of those coaches has Ed Orgeron done more than? None of them. Does completely failing at Ole Miss make you more qualified than success at Toledo? I think that’s a fair question.

kcal likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Orgeron wasn’t hired because he failed at Ole Miss. Got damn y’all are thick.

didit and Bengal B like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

If that’s what you got out of that post the only one that is thick is the person you see when you look in a mirror.

4. lsu-i-like

The rest of your post is debatable, not certain. That bit I responded to is just so damn tired.

If Canada is retained (not cause I dislike Canada, just the way everything went down), I’m basically on-board with O being commander of cluster-FKings. He’ll have a long road to hoe to get back in good graces.

I think he’s turned in a shaky C performance; if we make a strong hire at OC and finish recruiting strong, maybe B-. If everything collapses, maybe a D+.

5. LaSalleAve

All I was saying is that from a risk standpoint, what’s the difference in all the names I listed above. I feel that the risk was just as great for O than any of the others based on their resume. So to assume that O was the only choice after Herman and Fisher is a simplistic way of looking at things. There were other options.

kcal likes this.
  6. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I agree. Whether LSU hired O or Fleck or Fedora, Alleva rolled the dice. O was the pick. It's a done deal. It wasn't a sexy hire, I get it. But if the risk was the same, why all the doomsday predictions just because it was O. 9-4 is nothing to dance about but it's not the end of the world either. I'll say it again, the O hatred is irrational.

7. LaSalleAve

Well for 1 he is a liar. He said he was going to hire the best coaches and let them do their jobs. Obviously he didn’t do that and now all of the sudden it’s his team and he is gonna run it the way he sees fit. Secondly, that resume isn’t the greatest which is why I asked the question. What’s more impressive, getting an HC job at a major and failing along with 2 semi successful stints as an interim head coach, or a successful run as an HC at a place like Toledo or Akron?

8. lsu-i-like

Considering Toledo is in a different stratosphere, the interim can at least be argued as more impressive. Canada and Aranda are pretty damn good/respected and I think we saw Canada for most of the year. The fact that Canada couldn’t get along with Eaux is likely on Canada; we’ll see who’s next and how that goes.

9. LaSalleAve

That’s fair, i still think the ole miss thing was too much of a red flag but it is what it is. I don’t know enough about Canada though to determine who was the hardass.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

This is the part that gets me. I was solidly in his corner and now I'm definitely having major doubts. I don't see us getting any better than where Miles had us there at the end. I think 9-4 or possibly 10-3 is about his ceiling. Given the choice, I'd rather be treading water with Les Miles than Ed Orgeron actually.

tirk likes this.