Notre Dame vs LSU Citrus Bowl official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 1, 2018.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Been there, done that. I’d rather try and fail rather than stagnate and fail.

ParadiseiNC and didit like this.
  2. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I know that's the popular narrative, but where's the evidence. CEO admitted to interferring in the Troy game, supposedly because the offense was struggling early in the season and O wanted to simplify it a bit. Other than thst game, it'sbeen all Canada that we know.

It would be helpful to know why Canada was fired from NC State. From everything I've read, O is well liked and respected by his colleagues. I haven't heard the same about Canada. And LaSalle, you are right, O didn't have an impressive HC resume.

ParadiseiNC and Pjoe like this.
  3. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I for one don’t need an explanation or need to know the inner workings of the coaching staff. If that were true I’d be there working for LSU, I’m just a fan & supporter who wants to see LSU succeed. Presently I’m not totally disgusted but it needs to get stable pretty fast for me to feel comfortable. O may have a plan but as of now it looks like he has no control and will not get us any closer to having fun watching LSU football than the last guy did. We got rid of the other guy because it just got to be excruciating to watch, but with all this mayhem going on in the program it appears to be worse than before. We will not build a championship going down this road, we will either maintain the status quo or regress. Hope they fix it!

tirk and stevescookin like this.
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

ding ding ding....looks like aranda is heading out the door too.

wonder how he and ed got along?

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Don't know about yall, but all I see is speculation here. I've heard equal ramblings on each side of the situation, but still have no clue as to what really happened. I've heard people say that O stepped on Canada's toes too much and they got into a fight over it, and I've heard others say the reason is that Canada was secretly putting himself out there for a HC job and O found out about it and O blew up on him over it. Either way, it would appear the damage is done. I'll reserve my judgement until I have some actual facts. I'm a bit more concerned in the mean time about who is going to be here if not Canada.

ParadiseiNC and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

They supposedly get along fine, but A&M wants to buy themselves into relevance like Bama. It’s going to be hard to beat their money - a $3M dollar offer almost matches what we’re paying O. The arms race just got real and we might be holding the bag.

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

the OC/DC situation is apples/pineapples but the look really sucks...especially when you realize signing day is coming and we don't have an answer yet

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

The arms race is getting ridiculous and will eventually destroy college football as we know it. The gap between haves and have nots will just get bigger and we know which side of that chasm LSU will find itself on.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Somebody fill me in...why does Bama and Texas A&M have so much more money than LSU?

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Don't know about Bama but aTm has a $10 BILLION DOLLAR endowment fund, more than even Harvard or Stanford. LSU's endowment is around $700 million.