Now is the time to start a petition to recall Blanco!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bschne1, Mar 20, 2004.

1. bschne1

bschne1 Freshman

It needs to happen. This does belong on the LSU Board because it effects us greatly!

2. BlancoBob

BlancoBob Founding Member

Really

On what grounds?

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

On the grounds that Emmert's leaving is a clear indication that Blanco's (of whom I am no fan) chief ambition is to bring down the LSU system in order to allow ULL to proclaim themselves "THE" University of Louisiana. I would have never suspected this but the "Carnac" of Tigerforums, our own Tiger Educated, has divined that it is so.

4. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

That is exactly right. Her husband has been the leader of the ULL push to become "THE" University of Louisiana. He is actually running things...she just gets the public spotlight.

5. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Bla Bla Bla

You guys need to lay off her. It's Louisiana. There are many colleges in Louisiana. I have family members that attending both universities. Get a grip!

6. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

It's tough to lay off her, when her husband is very outspoken, and well known to be the one pushing ULL ahead of LSU.

I am a huge Tiger fan, but I didn't attend LSU. I received my degree from NLU (now ULM). Yes, there are many state colleges, but only one is pushing something they are not. Everyone in the Lafayeete area, that has an interest in ULL, pushes the U of L idea...top officials, players, students, and even the local sports broadcasters speak of "The University of Louisiana".

Every state has a flagship college, LSU is ours. This is not based solely on sports. It is based on the research, technology, economic development and growth, graduate and undergraduate programs, endowment, and resources to name a few.

:lsug:

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

You don't think that he's leaving because he's from Tacoma and a graduate of Washington? Not everyone is in love with Louisiana you know.

This doesn't belong on the Politics Board. It doesn't belong here either. It belongs in the Recycle Bin.

Careful. The Black Helicopters are coming for you...

8. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Every state has a flagship school????? How you figure that?

What is the flagship school in Florida???? Tell me? I want to know?

What is the flagship school in California????

What is the flagship school in Mississippi??

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

1. The University of Florida
    2. The University of California main campus at Berkley
    3. Ole Miss

Most states with more than one fair sized public university have in one way or another designated one of them as the flagship university, either by legislative action or by default in the amount of money that is budgeted for that university compared to the others.

Ohio State receives a lot more funding than Ohio University. Same thing the U of Michigan vs Michigan State. The University of Texas gets a lot more money than Texas A&M. Unlike in a poor state like Louisiana, the seconday university in states like Florida, Texas, Ohio and Michigan are well funded and of almost equal status. Louisiana can't afford to fund more than one top notch university to compete on a national level for academic excellence and federal research grant money as well as the top reseachers, scientists and educators in their fields such as Emmert was luring to LSU.

Emmert may or may not have left no matter who was governor given the lure of returning to the top job in his native state but Blanco's $10 million cut of LSU's budget sure didn't give him any incentive to stay here. Nothing against the quality of education at USL, ULM, Louisiana Tech and the other state universities but other than USL the rest of them accept their role within the state system and don't try to drag LSU down to their own level the way the USL people do.

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

This is the SPORTS forum...This should be in the Alley.