Now is the time to start a petition to recall Blanco!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bschne1, Mar 20, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I graduated from USL back in 1986. And that of course was when the entire UL controversy was going on. I remember that we didn't want to overtake LSU as the primary university in Louisiana, but instead wanted to be distinguished amongst the other lower level schools (i.e., La. Tech, NE La., Nicholls, SE La.. McNeese) as the "other" Louisiana university besides LSU.

2. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I just hope you partisan Blanco supporters are happy. You have successfully began the process of undermining LSU academically and athletically. She is another reason more young people are leaving this state. Enjoy the NC in football cause it is probably the peak success that we will experience. Now I know why my mom hates LA so much.

3. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

Once again, sports does not determine a flagship uniersity. If you think that USC or Miami (among others) have a case because of athletics, you are wrong.

Bengal B was correct ...
    I agree MLU Tiger....Emmert left because he is from Washington. It's a natural fit, we all would go. The problem I have is the ULL people gloating over it, as if they had won. This should be a sad day all over Louisiana....not just athletically, but also academically.

Sure, I wish he could stay, but maybe it's for the better. Congrats to Wahington, you have a great guy coming your way. Maybe we have a great one heading this way, also.

4. bengalfan

bengalfan Freshman

True but..........

The original article from chanel 9 web site, as the story was still unconfirmed stated that he knew he was not going to get the funding he needed to do what he was brought here to do. That made a tough decision not so tough. No I don't have the link but it was linked in an earlier post.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

5. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

Whoever keeps saying other colleges accept their role is kidding themselves. Every school other than LSU has complained for years that their universities are underfunded. The fact is b/c of LA budget we can't maintain a huge flagship university. I am a Lsu fan, but the other schools from ULL, Southern, ULM, exc. have to be funded so that those schools can have what they need. I hate to see the cuts to LSU, but if it will help improve the overall quality of collegiate education in LA, I'm for it.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

:dis: You just can't argue with such ignorance...