now know how kentucky felt....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerLifer3, Nov 29, 2002.

1. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

2 plays from the SEC championship game.......I am heartbroken...and my girlfriend and her family are hogs fan are laughing at me right now

2. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

shoulda faked the FG at the end....

I think I saw it coming---I kept saying we need a TD not a FG; I was hoping we were going to run a fake FG when we lined up for our last FG; it worked earlier in the year and I really was expecting the fake. But hey I'm not the coach--looks like we are headed to Shreveport.:(

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Not even the same thing. We led the entire Kentucky game up until the last 15 seconds of the game when they take the lead. We almost let them steal that win. This time Arkansas takes their first lead with 9 seconds left. We gave it to them. Actually, Saban gave it to them. Why the hell were we running the prevent? Everyone had been playing outstanding football the entire game, and Saban runs a defense notorious for giving up the exact big play it is supposed to "prevent". Thanks a lot, Saban. Im pissed.

P.S. I still support Saban and love that he is our coach, but if I got a chance to say something to him, he may never run the damn prevent again.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

The reason they got the long pass was bc they were NOT playing prevent. In prevent there is no way somebody gets behind the defense bc they play so deep. Makes me wish they were in prevent.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

What are you talking about? We were using a three man rush with 6 DBs and everyone dropping back into coverage. That was a prevent defense, it just wasnt executed. There were DBs behind the reciever on both receptions. We should have stayed with at least a 4 man rush and played man coverage. Arkansas couldnt produce anything all day when we used that type of scheme.

6. F15Epilot

F15Epilot Freshman

You are right

Prevent Defense is the most abused scheme out there. It is because of prevent defense that you guys got your field goal at the end of the first half. Both defenses played well the whole game and there was never a reason to run the prevent.

That is until the actual last play of the game with 97 yards to go.