Now that all the Friday games are all but over

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Nov 26, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Man you remind me of that guy on Beverly Hills Cop. :lol:

2. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Does this make nevada the best one loss team?

Man it sux for boise's kicker.

1 person likes this.
  3. souljaslim1

souljaslim1 Bigg Daddy

I couldnt have said it better myself..........THANK YOU..

Thats why they play the game...anything can happen on any given saturday....

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Who thinks Boise's loss might hurt TCU as well? There so closely compared. Played each other the last two years in bowl games. Split games. 1-point win by TCU, then a 7-point win by Boise last year. To me, it should. Now, if Oregon loses it would get real interesting. If LSU wins, would the voters vote an all-SEC rematch for the NC, or would TCU get to play Auburn? Very interesting. If Auburn losses a close game, I think they stay ahead of us, unfortunately. If Auburn somehow gets blown out, I think LSU jumps TCU to face Oregon in the BCSNCG. Of course, if Auburn and Oregon lose, we're in. I'm not even gonna entertain the notion of TCU losing to New Mexico.
    Bottom line:eek:ne loss by either Oregon or Auburn and a win over Arkansas and we might be going to the ship! I'd ask for thoughts, but Izzy is probably creating a thread about this right now.

5. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I agree with you...but if you agree with him, you're nuts too.

Yes, anything can happen on a GIVEN day. But to think that a team that plays relative nobodys all season long is worthy of a BCSNCG appearence is ridiculous. That's actually the whole point. Any given Saturday, sure. But to do it week in and week out against teams with superior athletes, facilities, and coaches, THAT'S what seperates men from boys.

When a team starts the season in a neutral site game against a decent, but not dominant team like VT, and everyone's already saying if they win, they're in the BCSNCG hunt?? That's ludicrous. Thank God for Nevada putting an end to that non-sense.

When LSU beat the living dogshyt outta VT in 2007, nobody was saying they're in. They still had to go thru the meat grinder that is the SEC schedule. Boise barely beat that VT team, and the media was sure they were in the big one...bullchit. It took a friggin Nevada team and a lot of luck to keep them out. Instead, I'd rather them just accept a nice New Year's Day bowl for their pitiful schedule and undefeated seasons and STFU. Either that or join a BCS conference.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Here's hoping he's not. The man is the king of jinx...

8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

If this doesn't help put the TCU in the NCG nonsense to bed I'm gonna literally puke. Shame on them for screwing truely good teams over by playing a largely high school caliber schedule and taking a spot from a deserving National Title contender with a loss b/c they play 5 or 6 ranked teams instead of 1 or maybe 2 at the most like TCU or Boise. What a frickin joke!

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

like i said.....

duct tape. mittens.

:hihi:

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Put your chicken on ehusson's post above...bad gris gris in that post...