Now that it’s been a minute...2018 LSU Tigers early look

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 15, 2018.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

The rappers tell me, stick to cookin'

Bengal B and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Rap is crap. Are you going to take advice from some no talent guy who yells in rhyme?

stevescookin likes this.
  3. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

@lsu-i-like the only reason I think that is because of the instability with the coaching staff which I totally blame O & Joe for that mess. Due to that, the youth, & the schedule it will be tough to repeat this year. Regardless of what happens I still think this whole thing has been a cluster and has cost us in recruits and being able to secure the best coaches. I for one would not want to play or coach among such instability and lack of direction, it’s amazing we held on to Dave!

Brian likes this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

5. BP

BP Founding Member

I don't understand. I certainly agree that the whole Canada mess was screwed up. The only question in my mind is how much did O do on his own and how much did he do because of pressure from above. But, I don't see any evidence that it has cost us in recruits. O went after linemen and, at least on paper, got some legitimate ones. He hasn't recruited a whole lot of other positions, but where he did, he got top-rated talent. Isn't that wide receiver who signed very highly rated?

As far as coaches. He has only had to replace one, who left because of a promotion. And, again on paper, the replacement has very good credentials. I believe the choice of ST coach is open to criticism. But, that would be because O picked him. I don't believe he had to "settle" on this guy because he couldn't get anyone better.

If you know something different, and that is certainly possible, cause I ain't no expert, I'd be interested in finding out about it.

Winston1, ROY_LA_CA, Pjoe and 2 others like this.
  6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Good post. I've mostly been supportive of Oeaux. Mainly, because I have no real say in the matter and I'm a positive person. Lately, I've been getting an eery feeling we're headed to the 90s again, I think because of the doomsday posts flooding in here about Canada, Ensminger, McMahon (STs coach), and b/c of our tough upcoming schedule. What you say here really summarizes objectively the transitions that have occurred w/o a lot of negative fluff attached. It makes me feel more optimistic again.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You see anyone else trying to hire Ensminger? Maybe O didn’t settle, LSU sure as hell did. All I see is a dictator surrounding himself with friends and yes men. And the dude had the gall to say he is living up to his promise of hiring the best offensive coordinator in the country because Steve is the best person for the job. Never mind no one else in the country would have hired him for that role and never mind that no one would have given Orgeron a head coaching gig either. We got the replacements.

Except for Aranda and Raymond. Those 2 are the shit.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. BP

BP Founding Member

I understand your point of view. And time may prove that you are correct. My question to Mr. Pjoe was on what basis was he claiming that the problems had caused a loss of recruits or an inability to attract coaches. I have seen no evidence for either of those two claims. Perhaps it will be so in the future;we don't know. But, there is nothing that I have seen that suggests that either of those two claims are correct now.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I think half this forum has been infected by taintitus. All the gloom and negativity. There were some wtf moments last season but there were also lots of positive signs. In perspective I think that once Oeaux couldn't get Kiffin he was under pressure to hire a "name" OC as part of whatever deal it was to get the head job (not that kind of a head job) so he was rushed into hiring somebody he didn't know. Ensminger might not be the newest hot name but the man does have a good football mind as witnessed by his playcalling as interim OC.

So now Oeaux basically has what he wants. It's his ball now. Let him run with it next season before we all rush to the cliff like lemmings.

ROY_LA_CA, didit, Brian and 3 others like this.
  10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I agree completely.