Now that Saban is staying in Bama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Dec 13, 2013.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

The only irony is you finally posting when the coast is clear. Kinda sad really. Youre BF Tusk is sure to show up soon as well.

cajdav1 and LaSalleAve like this.
  2. furduknfish

Seasons over.

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

so i see you backed away from the ledge...

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Once again, an epic fail.

I told all of you guys you were getting your hopes up about what'll end up being nothing. I told you where to look, if you could objectively, to see how many holes were in this whole story.

You're a smart guy. It should dawn on you this is no different than the fall/winter of 2006 when you were having your chits and giggles about the stories floating about Saban heading to Tuscaloosa. Then, like now, I told you how it would end up. Now, like then, I've chosen to sit back and watch as you tried to grasp ahold of anything.

Then there's the point of enjoying 80 degree days on the links that I found more entertaining than following your delusions. Actually, that's probably better put by saying, "more entertaining than you staring at the truth but choosing to remain in your oblivious state" when it comes to things happening in Tuscaloosa.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

No need to watch all of you guys jump. ;)

6. furduknfish

What we found entertaining was the rest of your inbred cousins having a meltdown. Doesnt matter to us whether he stays or goes, but deep down you know this. Reds off the wagon, no one hear buys your insider bullshit anymore. We all know youve been curled up in fetal position for last two weeks. The only epic fail is your continued excuses. Bama never loses, they just unwin.

Richdog and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

Exactly! This is why I haven't become all wound up in this whole circus. I stated before I wanted him to stay in the SEC because I want LSU to beat the best and right now that's what he is. Like it or not, Saban impacts the entire conference. All schools are busting their butts to win games and make it to the top. The biggest obstacle on the course resides in Tuscaloosa. Everyone, therefore, has to raise their level of competition to achieve that goal. And if you do, you are probably better positioned than most other teams across the country to compete on the Championship Stage. Rise up and beat the best! Saban is but one piece, but a significant piece, to the strength of this conference.

Besides ... let the Gumps shove all that money at him. Everyone knows they sold their soul for this and will do it again and again. It's what's important to the University and that's a little disheartening. I get the financial aspects of the deal. Saban costs big bucks but he also represents bigger bucks for that institution. You don't pay someone $7MM if you're not making $10MM off of him. You plug the highest profile person into the highest profile position and then ring the cash register. If you want to find out what's important to someone, watch where they spend most of their money.

So ...
    How much do you believe in Saban's ability to continue dominance over CFB? Although the last few games against them have been a little frustrating, LSU has stood up strong to Saban and is not but a couple of wins from being even in the series. Within that statistic is how close the teams have played. Toss in Auburn's win over UA. And there will be others ... The point is that there are coaches and teams who can beat Saban. Every man rises to the level of his incompetence. Someone else will come along and will be the next big thing. Saban's system will show cracks and other teams will take advantage. More money does not mean a better, more dominant coach. They just paid a big price for what they already have.

When someone cracks the Saban code, how long will Bama continue to think they did the right thing?

cajdav1 and gyver like this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

So, what you're saying is I should take back the comment about you being a smart guy?

You're better off served going back to your pedamorphic "yo mama" attempts at insults.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

LSU is the only team to beat him more than once and it's happened 3 times. It will happen again. I just wish we would play them a little earlier in the season.

cajdav1, LSUDad and gyver like this.
  10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

If that were to happen I think we might see a bit of a backlash with some of the voting personnel. IE: If it was a choice of theirs to put an SEC team vs a PAC team in that last position in the playoffs. The PAC's schedule is back-loaded with a lot of their teams...heck, so is the Big12 now that I think about this...