Now that we are out of it, some thoughts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Nov 27, 2010.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Can someone give me a good reason why we need to keep Crowton? What exactly does he bring to this team that is so indispensable? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just want a legitimate, thought-out answer besides "We're 10-2" and "It's all the QBs fault". I'm not aware of him being any kind of hot-shot recruiter, and it's clear now that Jefferson's epiphany at QB isn't going to happen. If it did, then maybe it's a reason to keep Crowton. Otherwise, I see nothing he brings to the table that another OC wouldn't.

Replacing assistants isn't like bringing in a new HC. The sky doesn't start falling and the program doesn't fall apart unless the assistant is a good recruiter. You can argue against disrupting the system that a couple of senior QBs know, but what good is that system doing us now? I'm sorry, but if hasn't happened in 3 seasons, it ain't gonna happen.

2. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Overachieved considered the obstacles they placed in front themselves.
    Great athletes + Good D + Good ST + Terrible OC = 10-2

Remove Crowton, get the offense to top 40 in the nation and LSU has a chance.

Looks like Les basically tops out at 2 loss seasons.

Good season considering everything.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Every other SEC coach except for GC must also. :wink:

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I agree with all of this, but wonder why you think it's a running back (Ford) that needs to step up on O next year. Ridley had over 1000 yds rushing this season, and was an absolute beast. I wanna see Ford too, but Ridley's a junior and will be right back in P&G next year.

We need leadership on O from the QB position, a new OC with a real offense, and to grow up on defense. Need a new OL coach most likely, too.

5. roynav

roynav free your mind

The Tigers way overachieved this year given their talent level and youth. So perhaps just as well we didnt sneak into the NC game, because many of us probably felt they werent that good, at least as compared to our earlier NC teams of this decade. Of course when you figure TCU or Boise St might be playing for the title, then what the hell...a "not so good" Tiger team had the right to be in the mix.

I think Auburn would destroy UO if they meet in the NC. Auburn better enjoy it while they can, because its probably going to be a loooooongggggggg looooonggggggggggggg time before they are eligible for a bowl again.

The Tigers will now be in a lesser bowl--hope they don't letdown. I'd like to see the bowl as a preview of next year, not an end of the year thud.

Three questions of the most interest to me between now and next year

1. Who will be the starter at QB in 2011.
    2. Will Les get his contract extended.
    3. Any coaching changes among the assistants.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Translation: Les averages over 10 wins a season in his six years at LSU.

7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Call me crazy, but I think Jordan Jefferson is our QB. He had a good second half of the season. (Not that I'd be opposed if Mettenberger beat him out in camp.)

8. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Yes, and not too many can say this. Les did a great job this season with this team. To go 10-2 (6-2) in what is arguably the best conference and for sure the strongest division w/o decent QB play and a young D says a lot IMO.

:geauxtige

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He had a good 2nd half of the Bama game and both halves against ole miss. That's hardly a half season.

10. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Crazy.