Now that we are out of it, some thoughts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I agree. LSU will be fine.

nm

2. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

It was bothersome to watch other teams having more dynamic offenses and seemingly having more fire when they play. The duel between Boise State and Nevada was a prime example, or even Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. Are we limited in the offensive plays? The O-line seemed outplayed or underperformed today, and JJ is back to his slow mode and hanging to the ball too long; he doesn't take pressure too well in the pocket which affected his play. The offense I hate to say got exposed today.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

From what I saw, Shepard was always in position but mostly with no help. he would take on blocks only to be the only one who stayed at home.

Really though, the youth will develop on D, I am sure of that.

4. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

5. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I know one place that size does just fine.........it's up to the interior lineman to blow up running plays and when they don't, the VERY FAST LB's do. Over 260 at DE and they are not going to sack many QB's if any.:geauxtige

6. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

I purposely didn't respond for 24 hours, so I could respond rationally. We overachieved this season!!! So much better than 2 seasons ago. Why does Hog have our number... aside from the hogs missing a FG last year, the last time I remember a W was when a Freshman named Trindon Holiday ran a TD kickoff to win the game.

It seems like the SEC has leveled out and there is no dominating team heading into next season. Cam won't be back next season, so I like our chances for the next couple of years. Our young players also learned how to win big/important games which is good.

I can't see winning a SECCG or a NC with our current OC, or QB tandem. Hope we can improve both positions in the offseason.

So the next big question will be Dallas or Orlandeaux???

:geauxtige:geauxtige
    :geauxtige:geauxtige

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Not to pile on, Twisted and West Coast already replied, but I don't think I could come up a good half a season by combining any six good games, or 12 halves, or 24 quarters. Two more good halfs, (2nd half of both loses), and we could be talking about making Duck Gumbo now.

That said, Les did a good job with what we had, we should be in good shape for next year, BUT - the O has to be addressed.