Now that we've had time for reflection, what were the TOP 5 games of last season?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by USMTiger, Feb 3, 2004.

1. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Based on the overall game experience. Not just good number/stat games or games at then end, but the entire season overall game story/background.

1. LSU - Oklahoma (duh)
    You don't need to hang out around here if you don't know why this was was #1.

2. Florida - Florida St.
    I though we were out of the NC race for sure. This was the worst refereeing I've ever seen in a game. Florida won this game on the field but were defeated by the refs.

3. TCU-Southern Miss
    TCU is in nearby Ft Worth and USM is my alma mater. TCU fans talk alot of smack about a team that dominates cupcake teams. This was the first game TCU had to play against a good team after much speculation that TCU could play in a BCS game. This one put a nice crashing halt to a phony Cinderella story, with USM QB Dustin Almond having the absolute best game of his troubled career at Southern Miss after promising his dying grandfather that he would beat TCU. Enjoy the Mountain West *cough*

4. LSU - Georgia 1 or Ole Miss
    I had a real hemmorhoid after both of these games for a month. LSU shows that they are the dominant team in the most dominating conference in football.

5. All of the games in the end that wrote the BCS picture. These were all equally dramatic.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

LSU vs.

1. Oklahoma
    2. Georgia 2
    3. Gerogia 1
    4. Ole Missy
    5. Auburn

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

LSU - UGA #1
    UK - Arkansas (7 OT)
    Purdue - Ohio State (nailbiter)
    LSU - Ole Miss
    Cal - USC

I say these games because we were in control for pretty much the entire SECC as well as NC games.

4. Globalx39

Globalx39 Founding Member

Instead of purdue OSU, I would include Ohio State and NC State. That was a great overtime game that ended by bad playcalling by NC State.

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

LSU vs. Ole Miss was the best college football game in 2003. An instant classic and just the latest chapter in a competitive, storied rivalry. We didn't play our best offensive game, we were on the road in a hostile environment, and right when we needed it, Mauck threw a bomb to Devery Henderson that put us over the top. Yeah, the ending was kind of anti-climactic, but it in no way took away from how great the game was. Truly an awesome performance, and for the first time all year I knew in my heart that this team had what it took to go the distance.

Honorable mention:

Ohio St./ N.C. State
    Ohio St./ Purdue
    LSU/Oklahoma
    LSU/ Georgia (regular season)
    USC/Cal

6. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

what about the Miami vs Florida game?
    Or the West Virginia vs Miaimi game?

both those stand out as great games.

Texas vs Texas Tech was good as well....all went down to the last possession.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

True MT. There were just so many good ones.

8. Soap

Soap Founding Member

Georgia - LSU (first game) was by far my favorite game. Gameday in Baton Rouge and the atomsphere was incredible. Loudest game in TS that I've been to.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I don't remember all of the games but it was the weekend of November 12. LSU had an open date. I had to fly to London and I did not get any scores. When I left, LSU was totally out of the BCS picture. After that weekend we were like 3rd or 4th. Upset after upset vaulted us into the picture and the Tigers did the rest.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe you should leave the country more often.

:D :cool: ;)