News Now They Have Gone Too Far

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Aug 2, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I suspect that the serum is proprietary, expensive, and experimental. Until it passes clinical trials and is patented, drug companies don't want to risk giving it away to competitors. And governments don't want to be accused of experimenting on foreign patients with untested drugs. Many powerful serums are deadly toxic at the wrong dosage or in the presence of other factors. Big lawsuits could result. I think these knowledgable medical professionals signed a lot of exculpatory documents before being allowed the medicine as a special exception.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

But those stats are very mislead8ng cause me and shane account for several of those and the6 double count us.

GregLSU likes this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

If you all bothered to read the articles you would have learned that as Red noted:
    1) It was experimental and had not been tested on humans.
    2) Both patients signed waivers holding the drug company harmless.
    3) It is a monoclonal derivative of 3 pieces of live Ebola virus
    4) It had not been tested for toxicity on humans because there are not enough patients anywhere to make a suitable sample
    5) It is being developed under the orphan drug law and research is being done as part of defense against bio war.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Really? If I had "bothered" to read? Do I strike you as a non-reader? Au contraire. Of course I have read quite a bit the last few months on this latest outbreak. And naturally I read all the things you listed. And yet none of those really satisfies my curiosity because I make it a point to question whatever "company line" the government puts out. I believe there is a lot more than just "we're still testing" going on and it's not necessarily altruistic.

Try this article. I found it quite interesting.
    http://rt.com/news/177656-ebola-vaccine-treatment-africa/

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Significant numbers of those poor minority populations have other cultural factors that allow for the spread of STD's including HIV/AIDS. Traditional "macho" roles among men create a stigma for gay men and so despite being in hetero relationships they continue to have sex with other men. They also don't want to obtain healthcare for what may be perceived as gay-related illnesses. Hispanics may not obtain health status updates because they are here illegally and/or don't speak English.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm not talking about HIV. I know a few people with HIV. I'm talking about SARS, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Ebola, west Nile, and countless others.

7. red55

Why do you always assume that the government is lying, misleading, and covering something up? Is there evidence of this? What motivation is there for the government to lie? Ebola is a new and rare disease. Is it surprising to you that we aren't that far along in finding medicines for it?

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Willis.png

Whut chu talkin bout Willis!!

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

For me, it's not an assumption. However, does a lack of evidence mean it isn't true or just that you haven't seen it? Prior to this outbreak, who knew about the serum, outside of a select few?

Ebola, from an identified perspective is barely older than HIV. I suspect funding will increase exponentially when it is contracted on American soil.

10. red55

If it's not an assumption, then there must be evidence. Else, it is an assumption by definition.

Prior to this outbreak, who cared? Other drug companies, for sure. You know the nature of proprietary information, it has nothing to do with government coverups or lies.