News Now They Have Gone Too Far

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Aug 2, 2014.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Swine flu is pretty prominent in Plano. The year it first made the news, both of my daughters and I caught it. This year, my older daughter caught it again in April, and my husband caught it a few weeks ago.

It's not nearly as bad as regular flu, though. The symptoms are less intense (to where you don't really know you have the flu--unlike the other strains where the body ache is unmistakable), and you can get over it MUCH faster than with other strains of flu.

But the flu shots don't prevent it.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

We all have personal evidence that frames our perspectives and "truths". And one's inability to see or have access to evidence may make it their assumption but it doesn't make something untrue.

Who cared? Our government did, Pharm companies did, WHO did....lots of folks.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Neither does it possess any truth. Assumptions are what they are, we are surely all entitled to them. However, if you want to discuss truths, it means introducing some facts.

But so what? What is the outrage here? Perhaps you don't appreciate why proprietary information, patents, serum testing, medical records, and much potential for lawsuits are matters that are naturally confidential exempt in extreme circumstances. Now that those circumstances have happened we know all about it. Where is the scandal?

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Like I said, I have personal truths and perspectives just like everyone, based on what I know and what I have lived.

Outrage? Scandal? Waaaay too much inferred there. I said I was curious and there are a good handful of articles out in the last 48 hours voicing the same issues.

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I get what you're saying. Put it in simple terms for red: YOU are someone that others would quote as a source on any given issue. Airplanes, for example.

6. LSUTiga

Ahh, you know sometimes I just like to throw something out like that to remind people here that what we post here is not "real" necessarily. Keepin it lite. ;)

shane0911 likes this.
  7. red55

WTF is that supposed to mean? Sources that keep "facts" private and cite "personal truths" aren't what people normally quote.

She just doesn't choose to share whatever her reasons are. Not very convincing, but its her style.

8. LSUTiga

She's just much smarter than you. No offense. Women usually are smarter than men.

Not to mention that growing up around ROW DAY OO drive can be much more educational than growing up like we do in 3 room homes with wood-burning stoves, catching rain water and a scrub board to clean the clothes down by the crick.

But take Les Miles, for example. When he speaks about LSU football, would you require a link?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  9. red55

Dude, she's an anonymous internet character. All anybody has here is what they bring to the table. I know you can't understand that, but she brings a lot more than you do.

Incidentally, I was born in Ventura County, California to my great surprise.

10. LSUTiga

She certainly does bring more than me; that's why I brought her.

I knew there was something worldly about you.