Now they're gonna make BEER the enemy???

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by bayareatiger, Jun 27, 2004.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Beer coolers, specifically....

regardless, this is just plain WRONG.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101040705-658292,00.html

A New Terror Threat
    This holiday, watch out for those floating beer coolers
    By ELAINE SHANNON

Sunday, Jun. 27, 2004
    As the July 4 holiday approaches, Bush Administration officials are bombarding the nation's police, fire, emergency and corporate-security offices with another round of terrorism warnings. Although there are no plans to raise the threat level from yellow to orange, a senior Justice Department official says, "there's very serious intelligence that's corroborated, that's multiple sourced, that indicates that al-Qaeda is intent on hitting us and hitting us hard this year." The official concedes, however, that "we don't have specific information."

Along with this now familiar general warning, the FBI has introduced the specter of a new terrorism threat: booby-trapped beer coolers. A lightly classified bulletin sent to 18,000 state and local agencies last week advised local authorities to look out for plastic-foam containers, inner tubes and other waterborne flotsam commonly seen around marinas that could be rigged to blow up on contact. Also, the bulletin warned, terrorists might attach bombs to buoys. FBI and Department of Homeland Security officials say no such devices have actually been discovered, nor is there any current intelligence that terrorists are hatching plots involving floating bombs. But some officials believe al-Qaeda may be focusing on harbors and shipping channels in an effort to replicate the success of the October 2000 attack on the U.S.S. Cole in the port of Aden, in which suicide bombers used a small launch laden with explosives to rip a 40-ft. hole in the warship's hull, killing 17 sailors.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You are all going to have to stop masturbating, too. I heard on the radio the other day that Al-Qaeda terrorists were entering the country disguised as semen. :wink: :grin:

3. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

I refuse to let terrorists prevent me from searching for beer in suspicious-looking coolers! We musn't let fear control our lives! :cuss:

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I fear no beer.:thumb: :usaflagwa

5. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Well, that be a lesson to everyone. Don't steal out of an unkown cooler :thumb:

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Steal out of my cooler at your own risk. My real name isn't Bengal B. Its El Budcoors Millerhammad.

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I tell you one thing...at KOR tailgates, I've seen more hands reaching into coolers that weren't theirs than a gang of pickpockets in London set in a Dickens novel...

I've also seen the owners of them turn a blind eye in the hallowed name of equal opportunity inebriation...

The KOR also fears no beer...and they fear no one who in the name of intoxication grabs one of their own...