Number of Posters

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by COTiger, May 17, 2017.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Woooooooooooooo!

2. fanatic

Now, back to what counts - Rasslin'. And I'm talking about REAL Rasslin'. Not that fake shit you see in the Olympics.

The Fabulous Freebirds were the greatest heels of all time. Followed closely by The Four Horseman.

The Nature Boy, Ric Flair, is best there is, there was, and ever will be.

One of my favorite old school characters was a manager named Percy Pringle from the WCCW days. He was absolutely hilarious. He eventually made his way to the big time in the WWF/E as The Undertaker's manager Paul Bearer, which is obviously the character he's most known for. He actually lived in Mobile until he died in 2013.
    Another one even funnier then Percy was famed heel manager turned heel announcer, Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan. That dude was hysterical.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

The Road Warriors made me a fan of wrestling.

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Probably a different circuit, but up here we had Two Ton Harris, the (2)) Bolos (bad hombres), and two goys and their "manager, Homer O'dell. O'dell would routinely use his cane to beat the shit out of the "good" wrestler. I remember the "good" guys were Johnny Weaver and Swede Hanson. They were generally pulverized until some miracle finish, when crawling back from death's door they prevailed.

My grandfather ran a flea bag hotel in Charlotte, ALL the wrestlers stayed there. It was cool, totally cool.

5. fanatic

Anyone remember The Headshrinkers? Fatu and Samu? They were only popular for a minute but they had a pretty cool angle and were fun to watch.

6. BAY0U BENGAL

Hard to forget them. Especially Fatu, who later got over as hell with Too Cool as Rikishi. His twins are tag team champs right now on Smackdown

fanatic likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

The Great Kabuki.

fanatic likes this.
  8. BAY0U BENGAL

We can't talk greatest heels without mentioning Nikita Koloff

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Adrian Street from the Royal Forest of Dean and his servant Miss Linda. Miss Linda would get down on her hands and knees so Adrian could step on her back to enter the ring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Street was trained as a professional wrestler by Chic Osmond.[4] His first professional wrestling match was on 8 August 1957.[4]Using the name Kid Tarzan Jonathan, Street defeated Geoff Moran.[4]

Later in his career, he developed his "Exotic" Adrian Street image, an outrageously-attired, effeminate character who was hinted but never outright-stated to be gay.[5][6] Street has explained that this gimmick was born by accident as a result of him playing up to taunting from an audience one evening,[6] commenting "I was getting far more reaction than I'd ever got just playing this poof. My costumes started getting wilder".[5] His wrestling attire evolved to including pastels and glitter make up and clipping his bleached hair into mini-pigtails.[5] As "The Exotic One" his signature move in the ring was to kiss opponents to escape being pinned down and to put make up on his opponents when they were disabled.

Working primarily as a heel, Street travelled all over the world including wrestling in Germany,[7] Canada and Mexico.[8] In the UK, he formed a tag partnership with fellow heel Bobby Barnes named the Hells Angels.[5] In 1969 Street met his future manager/valet and real-life wife Miss Linda (Linda Gunthorpe Hawker).[8] The two formed a double-act, Miss Linda becoming one of professional wrestling's first female valets[5] and frequently participating as an accomplice to Street's in-ring shenanigans.[8]