NY Times Rankings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ronbono, Oct 22, 2002.

1. ronbono

ronbono Founding Member

Before the USC game they had us ranked at #17 after #7.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

NY Times rankings is a sham anyway. Nortre Dame ranked number one and Miami at #4. There are not three teams in the nation better than Miami. ND's BCS ranking is inflated by those computer rankings. Hopefully they will be corrected some with an FSU win this weekend.

3. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

Sure Notre damn would probably loss to Miami, and several other teams, but I think it is completely correct that they are so high in the BCS right now. To this point in the season, they have been one of the best teams, so they deserve to be there.

Put it this way, If Oklahoma had played all the ranked teams that Notre Damn has played, and beat them in the same way, no one would have any problems with them being ranked high. It is all a matter of perception, at the begining of the year, we all percieved ND to be a average team, they have won all their games, so they are ranked high, but it will work itself out, if they run the table, I think they deserve to be in MNC game, if they don't, they won't be in MNC game, its as simple as that.

But to say that ND's BCS ranking are inflated, I don't buy it.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I agree Oats. I still hate ND and think they represent everything wrong with college football. However, at this point in the season, they have defeated quality opponents and merit a high BCS ranking. I'll still pull against them though.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Bull. Notre Dame's "mystique" is a creation of the media. It goes all the way back to pre TV days when they were the only major team anybody ever heard about. Their biggest wins are against an average Michigan (another media creation) team and "high flying" Air Force. C'mon. Air Force? They'd be 3 & 3 in a major conference. The NY Times, and others, want ND to be a power so they'll do what they can to make it so. They shouldn't even be in the top 10.