Obama Admin Declares Fox a Non-News Network

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DRC, Oct 20, 2009.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

WTF is up with this? Talk about chicken chit cheeze ball politics. Can you imagine the outrage if Bush had declared MSNBC a non-news organization because of Olberman and Maddow?

This rivals the most egregious form of pettiness undertaken by any administration.

Gotta give major props to the ABC reporter questioning the press secretary about this absurd stance.

2. Tiger10

Tiger10 Founding Member

HAHA, as if fox isnt the main stream media. I think it bloingia(SP). Obamas critics on fox arguments on fox have no substance, Im sure he could find people that actually have legitimates against out side of the Main stream media.

Oh Judge Napolitano is great though.

3. CajinTigah

CajinTigah Founding Member

If there is someone not shocked and alarmed by this, they are a complete fool.

4. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Originally posted by CajunTigah:

I'm being a little argumentative here because I don't have much to do today......but I'm not shocked. The mainstream media is dripping with a leftist agenda and the breathless praise and adoration from journalists like Chris Matthews regarding Obama has been plain as day. Obama can say whatever he likes and will never be called to task on it by the consensus of journalists......

If anything I'm shocked it's taken them so long to start trying to demonize one of the few sources of relatively unbiased information. Don't kid yourself though, FoxNews is not in search of the truth. If they were they would have dealt with Ron Paul in a much more even handed manner. The treatment of Ron Paul by Brit Hume in one of those debates was absolutely shameful and resulted in Paul being somewhat marginalized during the debate. Thanks to Brit Hume for being objective.......:dis:

I am interested to see how Fox responds to this though....

5. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Fox is terrible.

They pander to the people that like to claim conservative but have no idea what it really means.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

thank you! all they did was just tell people something we already know.

[​IMG]

7. tinsley

tinsley Veteran Member

I once accepted an offer made by a radio talk show. When the broadcast began, it quickly became obvious that the interviewer was much more interested in expressing his own opinions than he was in airing mine.

tgsam

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

what is wrong with that?

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Fox is propaganda for the Republican fear herd. Now Obama needs to finish the job and come down on MSNBC.

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Regardless of what you think about FOX, MSNBC, NBC of any of them its simply not right for the White House to deem anybody a non-news organization because they dont agree with their commentary programing. All the cable networks night time programming is commentary based.

Its just a chicken chit petty ass thing to do and makes the administration look weak and insecure. If they consider the network adversarial they should be confronting their view points, not trying some lame ass marginalization crap.