Obama admn...i'm shocked i tell you.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by cajun_tiger, Oct 29, 2009.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Republican President, Republican Senate, Republican House, and Republican Supreme court 2000-2006.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Community Reinvestment Act, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac? Barney Frank, Chris Dodd? You are delusional...but we knew that.

3. red55

Yeah, when you can't make a case, try to discredit the other guy. Let me see if I've got this straight. If the democrats run the house, senate, and white house, then they are responsible for everything and are shoving legislation down your throat.

If the republicans run the house, senate, and white house, then the democrats are still responsible for everything.

Who is being delusional here? :insane:

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

NEWS FLASH!!!!

You ready? Drum Roll..................................

Politicians Lie.

Go back to bed America.

5. SabanFan

Pot...Kettle?

6. red55

That was discrediting your argument. There is a difference.

7. SabanFan

Whatever you say Red.:dis:

8. LSUAthletics

LSUAthletics Founding Member

Since the economy shed 263,000 jobs in September, and the unemployment rate edged up to 9.8 percent I think the stimulus has been a complete failure on the job creation front. That's the bottom line. This economy is not creating jobs. Period! The number of jobs that have been saved due to the stimulus is up for debate but one thing that's not up for debate is the fact that our kids and grand kids will be paying for it. I'm sure some jobs were saved (Not a substantial amount and certainly not enough to justify the cost.) but that's not the type of jobs this country needs. We need jobs created by the private sector without the influence of the government. We would be better off today without the stimulus and certainly better off for the long term. For years to come we will be facing the unintended negative consequences of borrowing and printing money.

I'm not going to defend the republicans but I will say there's plenty of blame to go around for both sides. The only industry that should have received bailouts was banking. Outside of that my plan would have been fiscally conservative. Reduce government spending and reduce taxes. (particularly payroll taxes.) This would be a fix for the long term. Not a fix to temporary prop up the economy that we are seeing now that will undoubtedly lead to slow growth for years to come.

You can't prove this. I believe the stock market would be performing very well today if there was no stimulus bill. The US economy is resilient and once the banking industry was stabilized bargain hunters saw the stock market at 10 year plus lows as a great opportunity compared to a 2-3% return on a bank CD.

9. SabanFan

The budget defiicit at the end of FY 2008 (10/07 to 10/1/08) was $455 Billion.

The deficit for FY 2009 is $1.42 Trillion.

Just sayin'.

10. CajinTigah

CajinTigah Founding Member

Who ran freddie mac/fannie mae and who ran cover for them? Who forced concessions that ran the auto industry into the dirt? Who started the whole "make sure everyone can buy a house fiasco?