'Obama Deceives the Public'

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

To quote everyone's favorite ex-Governor of Alaska, "Say it ain't so, Joe!"..

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Funny, my wife and I were discussing this very topic last nite. We concluded that it wasn't a topic that should be discussed in front of our kids. We wouldn't want our kids to think the President of the United States is a liar. Better to let them know that he is just the puppet the Dems were looking for.

On a serious note, my wife brought up an interesting angle of why Pres Obama's Dem run Senate is doing, what appears to be, everything in their power to make Pres Obama appear worse than he really might be. We can all agree that there are members of the Senate and Congress that have their own agenda's, or at least I would think so. Especially Senators Reed and Pelosi. My wife’s question, which I thought was interesting, is are they purposely undermining him in order to insure that some of the questions about the difficulties he might face, due to his ethnic background, come to fruition? And that are they doing it on purpose to insure that Americans think twice before we elect an African American or other Minority again to the presidency?

This is not to say that she or I condone this thought, but it was just a question that she thought of that I really didn't have an answer, other than to say I really don't think so. I told her that if the senate and congress were to purposely undermine Pres Obama in order to insure Americans won't elect a minority again, it would become a story so big that the Dems could never get away from it. I told her, and please understand my wife is very intelligent, but not in the political world, "that if she could think of that, trust me much smarter people would be or have already thought of that". That there is no way that could happen in this day in age.

And then I said "Honey, Pres Obama is an idiot and a liar all on his own, he really doesn't need the help of the Senate or Congress".

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

:nope::huh:

5. LEGACY TIGER

I am most definitely not an Obama supporter, although I don't blame him for much of what is or has been going on. He inherited a bad situation all around. One that I believe is more the fault of the senate and congress, and the greed of unscrupulous business practices by the banking system. If your question is to my wife’s question, the mentality behind it is most definitely not something either of us would think to have any truth to it. It was just a question she thought of that I thought was interesting.

Am I right about who is to blame or how we got where we are, I doubt it, no more than anyone else who thinks they have the answers to the current economic crisis.

6. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the blame game they're about to put on is racist in origin. I don't think that's what they're doing, but the honeymoon is definitely over. My guess would be they're trying to save themselves. They know that as pissed off at Obama as everyone is, they're more pissed off at Congress. So they will start pointing fingers and blaming stuff on Obama and making him the "escape goat" (for you Okie ;)) so they can try to stay in office. I don't think it's helping them any.

Again, I'd tend to think it's more political in nature, and them just trying to save themselves above all else. Once someone gets a seat in congress, they don't readily give it up. That's true for both sides of the isle.

Agreed.

7. LEGACY TIGER

That would be my personal take on it more than anything.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I don't think it has anything to do with making Obama or the senate worse than it appears.
    I think it has to do with disagreements in policy, its not like Obama or his policies are even close to the center or moderate.
    For instance the oil moratorium, it is impossible for anyone to make him look worse than he is IMHO.
    I don't think so, I think to many people make too much into the race card as far as I can tell?
    That is my take anyway but I see Obama pushing his agenda through congress no matter what, Stimulus, Health Care fiasco and Financial reform strictly over partisan efforts.
    I see these Congress people paying the price for rubber stamping this far left legislation.
    Again, when I look at this situation I don't see race.
    It is no different when I watch LSU or other sports.
    Some of the smartest people in the world are different races, etc
    If you look at it any other way you are going to limit your pool.
    However I will point out if you are a liberal or democrat you can be racist or make comments and get away with it.
    There seems to be a double standard on that side of the aisle.
    Look no further than Robert Byrd and his background and the comments made by Bill Clinton at his funeral.
    Also look at all the nasty things said about black conservatives.
    I disagree, Obama isn't an idiot he is an ideologue.
    Look at what he has been able to do his first 2 years.
    The Public option in health care will be here before he leaves office because they have carefully crafted health care to put the private sector out of business.
    He may be liar in chief but so far he has achieved more power for himself to take over the private sector, banks, insurance companies, GM than any other president in probably the history of the nation.
    He has been able to run circles around the opposition.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It has nothing to do with race. It has to do with politics. Every one of the Dems is scared sh!tless about the November elections and if they perceive Obama is making it harder for them to win, they fire back. If a Dem candidate is in a district that wants to secure the southern border,for example, he/she cannot go around singing the praises of the anointed one. The attempts at fixing the economy are failing so miserably that it is a yoke around the necks of the Donkeys. Now, they pass an allegedly sweeping Financial Reform bill and they don't touch Fannie and Freddie. It's small wonder that they are all about to get tossed out on their azzes.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Name the last president that didn't lie? They all do it. Obama did say he was going to change the politics in Washington though, so i guess that is why everyone is surprised?????