'Obama Deceives the Public'

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Jul 15, 2010.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Name the president that is in office right now. That's all that matters.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

so why are you surprised? you guys act like it's such a shocker. Jesus Christ could run for president and he would start lying. vote him out if you don't like him, bet the next guy/gal lies too.

3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I don't recall anyone saying they were a bit surprised.. Did I miss something?

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Previous presidents really don't matter right now. We have what we have and can only hope that the President, Senate, and Congress will find viable answers to the crisis we are in. My problem is that I don't have faith in that they will. And yes, President Obama has not followed through on much of what he has promised, and in some cases has done the exact opposite. His fault or not, he still hasn't. Call it a lie, call it what ever you like it was still the platform he campaigned under and the promises he made to the American public.

For the record, I agree on the assessment of that it is political.

5. SabanFan

Obama lied all through his campaign and it's coming out now that all of his promises were lies. IOW he was a liar before he became POTUS.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

implied by pointing out everything this dude does, and everything everyone says about him, or he says. I know he lied, i knew he was going to lie, it has been done before, maybe the last prez to not do it was T.R.? Hell i don't know, but it's almost like when this guy does something people don't agree with they act like it's the worst thing ever. You knew what he was about, you knew his agenda or at least most will say they did, so what's the need of pointing out every little detail about the guy? And i am not speaking about you personally, kind of a broad generalization.

If you want him out so bad, start trying to get the message to people that aren't all against him anyway. What are there like 3 people on this board who don't think Obama is the anti christ?

once again, not directed at you swerved.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I do recognize that Pres Obama is a very intelligent individual, just that I think his policies are idiotic.

8. SabanFan

It pretty much is

Wrong. He ran as a centrist and a willing bi partisan leader. Once he got in office he went straight to the left and doesn't give a damn about what the middle/right wants. His agenda is to flood the system with as many entitlements as he can. Wait until this Congress is in lame duck status. There will be so much crap coming out of Pelosi's office that she may need to be...well, let's not go there.

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Na, I get it. But I've always said, a politician is a politician is a politician. If their mouth is moving, they're usually telling a lie. Especially when the words "I promise" start the sentence.

As far as piling on, I look at it this way. If someone lights my foot on fire, I'm gonna bitch and moan about it. Then when someone else comes around and throws gas on it to put out the fire, I'm gonna bitch and moan a little louder.

All of the presidents have their lies they've told. The thing that's so annoying with this one is everyone was warned what this guy was about, and dismissed the warning as a bunch of chatter from "racist redneck right wing republican hack nut jobs". But here we are, not even half way into his first term, and we're going from bad to worse with the state of affairs in this country. And while it's not one man's fault alone that we're in this mess, going back and pointing fingers at previous administrations does nothing because they're not in power anymore. Obama and his gang are in power. They're the only ones in position to make it worse or better, and I think we see what direction they're intent on heading. So yeah, they're gonna take some crap in the process and they are gonna have to learn to like it. Just like we (the voters) apparently have to.

I agree with the premise that it's no big surprise that he's lying, they all do.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This is the problem that I see.
    Too many people including myself get caught up in this left versus right thing but I don't know what to do about it.
    It is the system we are stuck with.
    I do see and acknowledge there are issues with both sides but I see a direct threat to the constitution from the left not the right for various reasons.
    I will again say George Bush the Liberal gave us some of the problems we have today.
    He and his Republican Congress gave us what we have today, Obama and his rubber stamp Congress.

I agree that I don't have any faith with this administration fixing any problems, I see them as only creating more.
    Just like I don't see the Republicans fixing anything if they are elected in the next 2 cycles.
    Look at all the social programs and the size of government created, I don't think any of them have ever been rolled back!
    All I see is gridlock.

The only way we will fix things is shut down the federal government and start over, Constitutional Convention.
    We have to get back to the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.
    I always here greed in the private sector but until you get it out of politics NOTHING will get fixed.
    The federal government is a failure from protecting the nation from enemies foreign and domestic to the public school system.
    Party has nothing to do with it!