Obama IS a racist!!??

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by gumborue, Mar 21, 2008.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Well, most things on here are based on assumptions so in reality we should always be waiting for answers, but that isnt fun. ;) I meant to mult-quote, not just yours. :thumb:

My point was it is a political no-no to dig deep into race issues. They are important, but you dont deal with them through the media.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Just gonna guess at his meaning here:

We're just people discussing it. No harm there, and it's actually a healthy discussion here.

However, when you're a public figure, any discussion about race can completely alienate you from one race or the other. So while yes, he can talk about it, maybe he shouldn't. I don't know yet how the American public will respond to this comment, but if it p!sses off a large portion of whites, he may have just cost himself the nomination (and possible presidency).

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Nor do I, though there are a bunch of hypersensitive people who will react inappropriately.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You be raysiss.

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUNYC2007

LSUNYC2007 Founding Member

Who isn't these days?

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

With a TV camera, a clever set of questions, and an editing machine, I can make ANYONE seem predjudiced (racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-semetic, you pick it). Which is why I think the topic of race is no-win for any side of any political argument.

In another generation, it won't matter anymore. Like gender and homosexuality, race is becoming a non-issue to our kids. It's passe. They're moving on.

In my opinion, that's progress. Too bad "Progressives" aren't willing to move on as well.

7. Husker Ed

Husker Ed Founding Member

I disagree. The "Big Three" will continue to be issues for our children's children. But I hope your right and I'm wrong.