Obama loves the Navy Seals...Now, anyway

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, May 16, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So you are going to sit here and say that the crashed chopper couldn't have lead to a complete and utter disaster? The plan was botched, luckily enough, those dudes are fuggin professionals who can adapt. The overall mission was a success.
    read the whole thing next time.

2. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

$h!t happens.. wish that it didn't in this situation but luckily all our boys accomplished the mission safely.
    Your second point is pretty clever.. I concur! It should put some sense into some of the less extremists. (If they exist)

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Was the plan to not crash choppers or get Bin Laden?

4. LaSalleAve

screw a trial, maybe i'm watching and reading to much medieval fantasy books, but i still wouldn't have minded this dude's head on a stake at Ground Zero. Or shot on television with bb guns until he dies, or maybe even put him on an episode of The Jersey Shore, so Snookie can get her smush on, and then shoot him in the dome in the final episode. Tons of things could have been done, there are no limits.

5. LaSalleAve

I'm sure the plan was both.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Have you ever served in the military?

7. LaSalleAve

So you are telling me they crashed the chopper on purpose? And no I haven't.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

lots of things "could" have been disastrous. but instead we have a mission that accomplishes a tremendous objective with no american casualties. i believe that is the point of all missions.

equipment is made to be lost. nobody cares. it wouldnt matter if a thousand choppers had crashed.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

they didnt crash it from high altitude, it got caught up in the fence. the seals just jumped out unhurt and continued the mission, then flew home in the extra choppers that were there for backup, exactly as planned.

when a starting pitcher gives way to the closer, and the team wins, is that a failure? they had backups there because they know what they are doing, and it worked perfectly.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

See, a comment like that means you are not thinking correctly and also have not a clue as to what you are talking about.

In a mission, there is always one clear goal, ONE. It could be get target X or get Target XY. It could be take and hold position B or positions BC. In war or missions that have the OBVIOUS dangers of loss of life or equipment, a down solider or soldiers and even equipment in now way shape or form means the plan was botched.

You try to make it seem like they just flew the damn thing into the ground. That helicopter is obviously something that is HUSH HUSH and obviously had some mechanical issue.

You say the plan was botched when in reality it was executed to perfection. Again, EXECUTED TO PERFECTION.

How so you might ask? Well, even with the mechanical failure of their support equipment, they were able to stay on track of the mission, get Bin Laden, recover important materials and get everyone out safely. All while the Pak's had not a clue they were there....

You say Botched, the rest of us say perfection...