Obama Revealed: A Moderate Republican--The Washington Post

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Obama revealed: A moderate Republican - The Washington Post

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Thank You!!!!!

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

4. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Do I have to say it again. The parties are the same.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

if moderate republicans are for universal health care, cap and trade, and raising taxes, then i am gonna describe them as not moderate, but big government liberals.

6. LaSalleAve

look at the policy not the quotes from his book. look at what the dude has done, not what he has said.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

again, those policies mentioned are big government left wing polcies. raising taxes, cap and trade, and health care. i am not sure i understand the point.

8. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

This...I would NOT call one a "moderate republican" if they were for the policies mentioned.

This is how wiki describes them :

I don't see how raising taxes and increase spending with health care are "moderate" ideals. Just because the Huffington Post author wants to label them so, does not make it true. I mean ca’mon, people say that the liberals are baby killers and the Tea Party Is full of racist, neither of which I believe are true, but they still say it.
    </SPAN>

9. LaSalleAve

that's not the point. what the article is saying, is if obama were president in the 90's, if you base everything on policies, and bills that have been passed, you would think he was a republican. He has not done 1 thing that has made him anything close to being liberal with the exception of the DOMA thing. Taxes under Reagan, higher, unemployment under Reagan around this time in Reagan's presidency, around the same. Out of control spending isn't a liberal thing. Look at spending under Reagan and Bush. Look at the deficit Reagan left.

This has nothing to do with what the guy talks about or says, it's about what he has done. And what he has done, does not resemble anything close to being a liberal. It resembles a chicken sh!t dude who has no nuts and won't stand up to the Pubs. It's about a dude who seems to always cave to the Pubs and concedes, but never gets anything in return. Obama is a Pu$$y. Does that make him a Democrat? Probably so, but his policies and what he has done so far reflect that of a 90's republican.

What does that say about the Republican party? It has moved so far to the right that Barry Goldwater would be considered Liberal.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

didnt take long to figure this one out. hes disassociating from obama now the ship has sunk.

laughable attempt unless you're a lib i suppose.