Obama Revealed: A Moderate Republican--The Washington Post

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 26, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Dude, the economy was in a recession and it isn't anymore. The GDP is up, the stock market it up. He inherited an economy sliding into a depression and reversed it.

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Would it make a white liberal democrat a RACIST if he didn't vote for condelezza rice if she ran aginst a white male democrat for potus?

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

All
    Quote :

Stimulus Construction Will Be Done Union-Only Under Executive Order

Executive Order 13202 prohibited federal agencies and recipients of federal financial assistance from requiring wasteful and discriminatory union-only PLAs on federal and federally funded construction projects. Construction contracts subject to union-only PLAs are almost always awarded to unionized contractors and their all-union workforces.

A union-only PLA is a contract that requires a federal construction project to be awarded only to contractors and subcontractors that agree to recognize unions as the representatives of their employees on that job; use the union hiring hall to obtain workers; pay union wages and benefits; and obey the union’s restrictive work rules, job classifications and arbitration procedures.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Then I guess I just dont see it. Unemployment is 9+%, we show no evidence of not spending ourselves into a complete meltdown and Obama's policies, economically, do nothing to further the advancement of the American grip on the world economy.

China is on pace to over take us in 2016.....China.

Enlighten me on how Obama is fixing all of this..

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The numbers are real, why do you refuse to see it. Did you expect to leapfrong out of the hole Bush put us in? It's going to be a long slow climb out, but we are climbing and it is undeniable.

How so? Where has there been a failure?

He wasn't the one who shipped our factories overseas, you can thank American big business and the party that supports them for that. All you've got are fears about the future because you can't point out any real Obama failures.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I am sorry red but factories over seas is not the reason the government is spending uncontrollably.... You cannot spend you're way out of debt..

7. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

ALL of this constitutes a failure! You didn't even mention Health Care...what a success! Can I get a waiver? :D

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You are choking on the kool aid.

Oh, I forgot to add housing markets.

9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Regardless of party affiliation, beliefs, etc. - we really need to agree on the stock market or stop using it.

It reached an all time high under Bush yet no credit was given. When it corrected it was all Bush's fault.

When it goes up under Obama it seems to have EVERYTHING to do with his policies but when it drops nobody whispers a word. If it drops 1,000 points over the next two years as many project will this mean it's Obama's fault? Can we still blame Bush in two years?

How about those rising gas prices? It was bad under Bush but now it's a good thing? Spin baby...spin!

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

“We Americans need to find solutions together and insist upon imposing those solutions on those forces that don’t want to change.”

Who said this?

BTW it wasn't Obama, it was Newt Gingrich. I wonder what the right wing would say, if Obama had said something like that. Obama isn't radical. The right wing is radical.