Obama Revealed: A Moderate Republican--The Washington Post

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 26, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You changed the topic. Sending factories overseas is why China has a raging economy.

2. red55

He ran on a health care law and he passed one. That is what we call success. What failed is the republican effort to maintain the status quo.

Prove it. The buck stops with the president. Bush happened to control Congress as well and he still tanked the economy. You can't blame Bush's failure on the democrats. I guess you can try. SHow me the money or STFU.

The economy is improving and the recession is over. These are FACTS and incontrovertible, not my opinions. If you can prove them wrong, then do so.

Prove it. Good luck with that.

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Democrats held both houses of congress for the last two years of bush's presidentcy. Democrats are not bloodless in this.

4. red55

Of course not, but they did not lead. The president leads and takes responsibility.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yet every problem under Obama is Bush's fault? Give me a friggin break, hypocrite.

6. red55

Bush's problems are Bush's fault. Obama's problems are Obama's fault. When have I ever said otherwise?

He's trying to Blame Bush's problems on Pelosi. Try to pay better attention.

7. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

You're the one who made the incorrect comment so prove me wrong. The Border Patrol has 21,000 agents. How many of those are a result of Obama? Think long and hard before you tell another lie...or spin the truth.

You're not off base regarding some of your thoughts on immigration but don't even try to give credit to this administration for hiring.

8. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

You want to give credit to the govt. for hiring more govt. employees. And you are suppose to be a conservative?

Ugh...

9. red55

Did he not hire? The border patrol has been beefed up since Obama came into office. The guy said that Obama has done nothing about the border problem. I think increasing the size of the border patrol is a long way from nothing. It matters little if Reagan also beefed it up 30 years ago. The problem is now. It will need beefing up again soon.

I like the idea of more triple-fencing, which is working where it exists, but there is no substitute for more bodies on the ground along the border patrolling constantly.

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

If hiring 5K, 10K, 20K Border Patrol Agents keeps 5M, 10M, 20M illegal aliens from entering the country....absolutely.

The military can't operate on the border due to treaties and wouldn't be allowed to use any additional force anyway. The politicians (both parties) will never allow corporations to be significantly penalized for hiring illegal aliens. Tyson and Walmart were both busted with HUGE sanctions but both are based in Arkansas and a guy named Slick Willy was getting a little in the Oval office at the time so three guesses what happened to the penalties.

The only other option is privatization and that will never happen. We can reduce the federal worker number through attrition in HUD, GSA, EPA, DOE, IRS, etc. Let's keep our DOD and DHS numbers at an appropriate level.