Obama the Centrist

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by gumborue, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Even you can't argue the fact that Obama has said he doesn't care about the process as long as it got done.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

he doesnt care. he wants power, like almost all politicians. he thinks ultimately he will be thought of as a hero and perhaps get re-elected.

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

So Obama knows the constitution and therefor he would not write a bill that could get struck down? Well every lawyer that stands before the Supreme Court is a theoretical expert on Constitutional law(as it relates to his case), and only one guy wins. How do you explain that?

Obama knows the reality of entitlements (as does congress), and it almost always trumps the constitution. The American people got on the tit with the New Deal. Social security, medicare, and medicade are entitlements that Americans should, but won't give up. If the population ever really chose to be responsible, they would give it up before it implodes. It's not an accident that retirement plans for people in their 40's(me), are urged to not include social security. Because the reality is that it won't be there. But we deserve it right? BS...

Obama knows that if the bill lasts long enough to get us on the tit, it's done. It won't be repealed. And he has a very good chance at succeeding.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Cop out.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What a minute, you said it was unconstitutional because it wasn't spelled out in section 8. Forced purchase of a product isn't either.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

because congress does not care much about the constitution.

campaign finance got shot down as unconstitutional. this happens all the time. congress gets checked.

anyways, this line of argument is pointless. nobody cares about the constitution anymore. and i dont mean that to be cynical or whatever, just to be realists we should argue a line of reasoning that actually might work, like actually describing why we should be free from horrid government management of health care.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

then the delay in benefits should be a plus. wont be on the tit for years.

but i dont get your confidence in the bill's validity. it is a conservative scotus and will be that way for a long time.

8. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Not true. Some of the benefits start immediately. The major tax hikes don't begin until next year. After the November elections. How clever.