Obama the Centrist

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by gumborue, Mar 16, 2010.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Your typical leftist propaganda. The republicans cannot stop this bill. It is members of the democrats that are doing it. The ones that consider themselves moderate and pragmatic. Hmmm, sound familiar? Funny thing is, they don't just use those words as an empty punchline.

And forgetting about parties or who has majorities of what branch, etc. etc., - what do the voters want?

Did this happen overnight? No.
    That means that many of the people that want this bill, know it will drive up costs anyway.

So that must mean that healthcare will be better, even if it is more expensive? No.
    So it must be just republicans that want congress to rip this bill up and start over? No.

Republicans are not a majority in this country. Obama and this congress got elected by democrats, moderates, and independents. How do they feel about this?
    Health Care Reform - Rasmussen Reports

This an average of every major poll out there. That president sure seems to be governing for the people that elected him. :insane:

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Obama and Democrats' Health Care Plan

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

whats with all the poll references. i thought politicians used to get bashed for paying attention to polls?

what, are we now saying a republic isnt good enough? gotta have a democracy?

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

this isn't a democracy, its a capitalistic state.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Used to be.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

never has been, thank god.

6. TheDude

The poll references show clearly that the American people do not want this bill and that the congress and Obama are in defiance of the will of the people that voted them in office.

And Red, always loves a link. Nearly as much as he loves a poll.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

we dont even know what is in the bill yet.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We know, or should know, what's in the Senate bill. We also know that the bill that's voted on by the House will have changes that we won't know about. Hope and Change has become Smoke and Mirrors. And anybody who saw Obama's interview with Bret Baier realizes that Obama is a master at evading the issues.

10. TheDude

The President said in his interview yesterday that "we all know what is in the bill".

You can take something out of context in order to look clever but it's transparent. Americans are, and have been overwhelmingly against the provisions advertised to be in this proposed legislation. Obama and democrats are pushing it forward in spite of the clear wishes of the public. You have no argument for that so are relegated to snide remarks.

Obama has the moxie to tell dems(up for re-election) to have courage. It would be interesting to see if he would be willing to have this fight in his 3rd year. I doubt it.

I'm glad to see that Obama has fulfilled his promise of putting old Washington politics behind us, and bringing both sides together in unity. :insane: