Obama will not win

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, May 8, 2012.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

boy who does that sound like.....

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Dude, I'm starting to agree with you way too much. I think staying with the same position for years just because you always have or your party always has is a much greater sin. I don't hate on flip flopping. My views change all the time with my life experience and different points of view. Why is that bad? Like you said, Nucky does do it a little too much. Can't wait for the new season by the way.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Every politician ever.

Kal-El012 likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

see i'm not completely nuts.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He also isn't very honest. He keeps making statements in front of Republican audiences that fail the truth-o-meter. He's going to get caught on every one of those in the general elections and if he get caught lying during the debates, he's toast.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

And obama is pure honesty..

gyver likes this.
  7. red55

He's a populist and popular opinion is evolving on the issue, at least among moderates and liberals, so Obama has evolved with them. He has no reason to cater to the conservative voters, they are not going to vote for him no matter his position on anything.

My opinion has evolved. Six years ago here I was against gay marriage. I felt that a civil union was all that was needed, since all taxpayers, gay or straight, deserve the same legal rights. But marriage was a term with religious and social contexts going back millennia with great importance to offspring and should be reserved for traditional couples.

But a few years down the line and I have realized that I really don't give a rats ass if gays are married or not and I don't see how it hurts anyone else.

8. red55

No, just smarter.

9. LaSalleAve

From you Red, I buy that. From him, I don't. I find it really convenient that he waited until now to come out with this. I don't feel that this was just some epiphany he had overnight. I think he has always been for gay marriage. He couldn't come out and say it in the first election, but he has to now because he needs the gay vote.

martin likes this.
  10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Big Mouth Biden made this an issue Sunday, on Meet the Press. Reporters were all over Obama to make a statement since he has remained quiet on this issue. He could not dodge it.