Obamacare hypocrite

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rwilliams, Mar 24, 2011.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's all peachy keen, Red, but what about the 800 lb gorilla?

Anthony Weiner: Waiver might work for New York - Kate Nocera - POLITICO.com

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Only in that disillusioned mind of yours where you seem to be judge and jury as to what information is legitimate. It is fun to play along and watch you get all flustered at anonymous internet characters though.:D

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He didn't dodge an issue did he? His famous ginsu knife must need sharpening?

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

My kid is covered because I take responsibility for him and pay for his insurance. The goverment doesn't give him anything. They told my wife to devorce me and use her moms address. We could still live together and then he would get ssi and a medical card. No way. I can cover for my own family. That's why i'm po'ed about millions of people getting free healthcare from this bill. If my boy can't get it then I damn well don't want to pay for anyone else. Get a job and pay for your own damn kid. Democrats like weiner wants a waiver so everyone else can pay for his voters medical INS. Just like a democrat. Have the goverment pay for all their shizt and put up nothing. Just like the goats that pay no taxes and want to bitch about the working Americans that do pay taxes. Take take take take and have someone else pay for it- the liberal way. Those rich bastards don't pay enough! I was one of those rich bastards that's kid couldn't get any help but paco who swam the river's kid gets a free ride. Just great!

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

It costs very little. Not sure where people get this idea that health insurance is so expensive. I pay like $300/month to cover my entire family. Now I know it's because we are relatively healthy but we're not completely healthy. Most healthy kids don't pay for insurance because they don't want to, not because they can't afford it. It's probably close to $100/month for them which they may not pay but they have $400 car notes. Some kids are pretty irresponsible. Like I said before, not all, but some.

But really, I don't care too much about that. Doubt that drives my cost up much. Just more government intervention which I don't like.

7. SabanFan

That's called life, Red. This has been going on forever. We all went through it. My youngest son is in that situation right now. Why do Obama and the other liberals think that they have to come in and solve everyone's problems? This is why the country is going bankrupt. Get out of our lives and run the government. We'll take care of ourselves, thank you very much. Why can't you bleeding hearts see that?:angryfire

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Most of them are getting free health care now in charity hospitals and free clinics. Turning public assistance into insurance gets it into private insurers and out of the public health system.

He can't get it now, under the old system. He can get it under the Affordable Health Law. Different parts of it come into play at different times, but children under 19 not being denied insurance for pre-existing conditions starts early.

When the new risk pools come into play, your insurance costs should go down versus expensive private insurance.

9. SabanFan

I wish all fish were that easy to catch.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Why can't you narrow-minded right-wingers realizethat the system we have is broke and is unsustainable? Costs are rising on a scale that will soon put health care costs above mortgages as a family's biggest expense.

This isn't a government-interference issue. We are paying for uninsured people already in charity hospitals, emergency room, and free clinics. This shifts this burden to private insurers from government socialized medicine gulags. Shane would get to leave the VA system and take his insurance wherever he wants.

You haven't looked closely at the health law, you are simply against it because it is Obama's plan. The GOP wants to kill this law and then implement huge pieces of it themselves. Why, because the status quo is unsustainable. You gripe and bitch about the costs of the Health Law and ignore the rising costs that are going on without it. You pretend that expense is all something new.