Obamacare Implementation Status

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Winston, every administration that I can remember has been accused of "unprecedented levels of secrecy...." This a standard talking point for the minority party; has been and will be for many years to come I am sure. I read the article you posted several days ago and while it correctly points out that the web site rollout has been terrible; it is in no way an indictment of the ACA. Only a fool would try to defend the web site roll out; it's been awful. But those problems are only temporary and soon enough it will be fixed and we'll get a real look at what Obamacare is going to look like for the country.

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

this verifies that the web sites and the vehicle for signing up is currently broken but in no way indicates that the law itself is bad for citizens.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

so, who here is in the web design business? Is it just me or is 300 million for a website a little high?

Tiger in NC likes this.
  4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Seeing as how a broke college student created and maintained napster, im guessing that is excessive.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/21/was-obamacare-guinea-pig/

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

NC read the article again...it wasn't a R who make the accusation. IT was a liberal!!!! Note 90% of the articles I cite are not from conservatives but moderates or progressives. Your argument may hold water if I cited Fox or the Heritage Foundation but the NYT or Wash Post or Huff Post....come on man take your head out of the sand. Had this been a R you would have been screaming at I/2 of the things that are happening in this administration. Also don't put this off as a hick up the whole premise for the AHCA was to get uninsured signed up quickly. This isn't happening and most who have been able to get through are reported to find either their existing insurance isn't available or costs much more (in exact opposition to the promises made).

This mess is but the tip of the iceberg IMO. It will be a total cluster **** until some sensible professionals make enough changes that it will not be anything like what was passed.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I would say the past is prologue and it is a sign of incompetence that will completely fail at its job then blame W.

8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I think that whatever it will become, it won't be like what it is now. Libs wanted a single payer system and can use the inefficiencies to push in that direction and conservatives will want to change it their way.

Right now is the perfect scenario for both sides.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

And with one goes the other. And I'm not sure what an ignoramus is but it sounds like a nice long title so thanks.

You gettin good. I've taughtchu well.

Now listen, it's not working. This is how the Libs do. You just say what you want, and long enough then they're believed to be valid. See, you've taught me well, too.

gyver and Tiger in NC like this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What happens when ALL the people that they factored into signing up for it...see how much more it will cost them and dont sign up? Ooops

gyver likes this.