Obamacare Implementation Status

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Everything you said in your post reeks of irresponsibility and it sounds like you are really pissed that you are now going to have to be more accountable for your own actions. Please spare me the opinion of what is hurting hospitals; yes, there are some of those you mentioned....we all know that, but the real underlying problem are working class people who refuse to sign up for health care because they would rather have a bass boat and a four wheeler but will sure stick the rest of us with the bill when you get really sick one day. Fuck that, that's not right and I'd call my own mother out on it if I had to. Your friend who shirked the rest of his responsibilities is also part of the problem. You think the hospital just ate that other 23,000? Hell no. People like me end up paying for it and frankly I am tired of the free-loaders. And by free-loaders I mean rednecks who think it is their God given right to screw everyone else so they can have their stupid fucking toys. You can tell this pisses me off.

The fact that you cannot see the irresponsibility in not carrying insurance is proof in and of itself, Gyver. Answer my question: who is going to pay for your care when you get really sick one day with no insurance to help cover the tab?

2. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

I have insurance now. Through the fire dept. Comes out of my check every month. I had Aflac for about 8 yrs., decided it was a waste of money. I know the costs of freeloaders are passed on to the bill payers. Thought I made that clear. Him and his kids don't give a shit. Same with the woman whose 14 yr old daughter got knocked up. She's excited about another check coming to the house. Whole families on welfare. Who pays for that?
    I bought a 4 wheeler at 40 yrs old. A bass boat 2yrs after I paid it off, 44 yrs old.If all I'm supposed to do is work, pay taxes, and buy what the govt tells me too I'd just as soon quit and get me a check started.
    If we didn't have to give a 1/3 or more of our pay to the govt more people could afford health insurance. This Obamacare isn't gonna solve shit. Double or tripling deductibles and raising premiums on those that have insurance will hurt more than help.
    As soon as the boats paid for, 10 payments left, and the kids are grown I may start voting democrat myself. The ex is almost finished with her degree in accounting. She plans on moving somewhere she can put the kids in public school. Save that $380 a month. I'll be able to quit the shop and hunt/fish 20 days a month then. Unless I want a bigger boat or maybe upgrade the 4 wheeler. Then I'll have to keep working.

NC. If you didn't provide health insurance for your employees. Would they be able to buy it themselves? If so, would they?

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Michelle Snyder "retiring" the day before ACA Provisions kick in. Priceless. Bend over boys; and grab your ass cheeks with both hands and spread 'em.

4. gyver

Another rat abandoning ship.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yep. First red then they've all followed suit.

gyver likes this.
  6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

This is one of those, "I hired you to make this website thing work smooth and now you made me look like a dumb-ass. I am a dumb-ass but I hired you so I wouldn't look like a dumb-ass. Please retire and go away quietly." things.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

8. gyver

How many millions more have enrolled in Medicaid than in the insurance exchanges?

9. tigahfromhell

tigahfromhell Veteran Member

This has definitely got to be the biggest clusterfuck in the last 50 years. It is enough to make clinicians such as myself want to go solely to private pay. We do that and we can stay in business. However, in doing such, we simply wind up excluding even more from getting the healthcare they need.

I am not sure how much of an evil plot it was so much as it was simply a pure act of stupidity. It was not though out that well. On the other hand, the Republicans were anti everything and were not offering any solutions or willingness to work. Oddly, when one party presents something, instead of trying to figure out how to make things work, the opposing party (take your pick) tries to piss on it and ultimately there is a pissing contest between the two parties, with the citizens in the middle being the only ones getting wet. Definitely something wrong with that picture.

gyver and Winston1 like this.
  10. gyver