Obamacare Implementation Status

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Oct 21, 2013.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The 2014 elections should be really interesting. GOP versus Tea Party with the democrats gathering up the spoils.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

We'll see. Did you read the title of the link I posted? It reads, "Democrats Divided". This enrollment glitch could cause the whole effin thing to blow up cause dickhead (not Stacey's hubby, the prez) has made it clear he's not backing down on that. Course, muther phucker lies all the time so who knows.

gyver likes this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

probably right Red. Whatever my beliefs I have long recognized the Rs should have spent longer in the wilderness (out of power). It is to their detriment they won in 2010. It was due to the poor performance of the Ds before 2010 they fell into power. They have no leadership, no ideas, no statement of purpose but NO and it shows in their performance. They have nothing positive to offer when so many long for a real alternative to what Obama and the Ds are doing.
    The Rs need more time to weed out the crazies and develop a viable alternative to the crap the Ds have to offer.

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I have no doubt that Republicans would like to draw parallels between the piss poor web site that cost too damn much money and the ACA, but it's a false equivalent so.....

I have indeed heard a few Democrats suggest that if the web site glitches are not cleared up by Thanksgiving that it might be necessary to delay the individual mandate by a few months. I would support this too if we get to Thanksgiving and there are still problems. Just out of curiosity, I went to the web site this morning and applied for Obamacare. I had no problems at all and was promptly denied as I knew I would be but my point is that if they already have it running well enough that I was able to fly through it, then it's not unreasonable to assume that the remaining glitches will be out of the system by Thanksgiving.

What are you going to do when you are saving money on your health care next year? Are you going to have the cajones to admit it to us, Tiga? Let's make a friendly wager. If your health care costs go down then you have to make a public admission here on TF. If it is the trainwreck that you claim, I will make a public admission of my incorrectness. Let's set a date for sometime next year, maybe election day in November, and let's just see where it stands then.

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I saw Jeb Bush on one of the Sunday morning talk shows and he said some things that made sense regarding health care and how the Republicans need to combat the ACA with an actual alternative plan. I am hopeful that the Republicans can slam the door on their crazies and allow the adults in their party to come to the table and get some things done that might actually benefit the country. If they ever want me to consider casting my vote their way again, this is what will have to happen first.

6. red55

They have to do what Clinton did in 1992. After three straight presidential losses, he dumped the Teddy Kennedy liberal extremists and moved the Democratic Party towards the populist middle where the bulk of the voters are. The republicans will have to dump the conservative extremists and move towards the middle to regain a share of the broad moderate vote.

7. red55

Only . . . the democrats are not really divided.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah...like you've never seen a bushy pussy.

Hey tell your Dem buddies that. I didn't say those things written in the article quoting them about concerns, extensions, etc. We just report the news here. :D

Oh sure I would. There's no need to bet, I freely admit fault when I'm wrong. I don't think it's I told you you'd probably be surprised at how much closer to center I really am. I don't have any doubt you would also do the same but it's not necessary. Now red, that sucka will NEVER admit shyt.

lsufan52 likes this.
  9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Bulletproof security for pretty strict privacy laws and one helluva database to manage isn't cheap. I'm sure that's probably overpriced, but what they're asking for isn't cheap by any means.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

No definitely shouldn't be a cheap website but we're talking 300 million. That's American dollars. No way that's a reasonable number.