Obama Obama's Abuse of Power Checked

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jun 26, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You know that this is an impossible fairy tale and would be far from free. Why pretend that it is a real solution?

Of course! Problems don't go away because you wish it or because you are fed up. Problems must be addressed and that takes money, time, and political audacity. You complain that no one is taking charge to address the problem, but when Obama decides to address it, you castigate him for abuse of executive power. You seem confused.

2. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Obama is the fucktard that caused it. His Dream Act turned into a fucking nightmare. You fukn Libs can't, won't, or don't see that. The mans policies have been shit. Every fukn one of them.
    His policies are created with short term gains for his ignorant ass. When they go into effect it creates a disaster. Then the dumbass in chief realizes what he's done. Takes the advice, sometimes, of what he should do to get it under control and holds a press conference telling us what he's "ordering" somebody to do to solve HIS fuck up! Then you liberals go back to sucking his dick because your messiah has spoken.
    I still find it hard to believe that they rounded up enough dumbasses to vote for him twice.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I could have underlined or used italics....if I was meaning to "shout" then I would have used all caps. You knew the intent so don't insert false emotion where there is none.

We covered this topic already and I provided a link to support. I don't wish to do it again. Polls (Gallup) indicate that the public does not support the EO to subvert the Constitution. The majority if folks want the President to keep working with Congress.

Not at all. Your so-called victory is as hollow as an acoustic guitar.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Born and raised in SoCal....parents immigrated legally from Germany, worked hard, her pops eventually earned the National Medal of Science.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Wait, didn't you just say, "Paying for their transpiration and return expenses is cheap compared to keeping them."?

It isn't free but it is cheaper than keeping them for several months or years. You asked me what I would do and that is my solution. I have also said I would deduct money from aid being pledged because they obviously aren't effective with the hundreds of millions we have already given them.

Damn....we have spent money, time, and a host of other services and this problem has not gotten any better. We are talking years, and billions. How much more do you want to spend? Seriously? What is your cap?

The President has not taken charge. During his administration and the previous one, illegals were not dealt with. They stayed here rather than get deported. The more it happened, the more showed up. I have given you links ad nauseum to support that concept. This morning you said he would be deporting them and not more than 2 hours later, he had backed off and wants $2B more. OMG...when will it end?

You keep saying he will deport them....and I keep asking, how will he find the ones who have already been released with nothing more than a promise to appear? You keep saying that foreign aid is well spent but the facts don't support that when we have seen record numbers since 2012. You want these kids to stay here until their hearings can be coordinated? That will be months, if not years....what will by your personal contribution to the legal fund? How many kids will you sponsor?

gyver likes this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Let's be real here....the Hispanic vote is largely driving Obama's policy decisions on immigration.

"Latinos voted for President Barack Obama over Republican Mitt Romney by 71% to 27%, according to an analysis of exit polls by the Pew Hispanic Center, a Project of the Pew Research Center.1

Obama’s national vote share among Hispanic voters is the highest seen by a Democratic candidate since 1996, when President Bill Clinton won 72% of the Hispanic vote"

7. red55

You have provided nothing to support this strange notion that Obama's "content and purposes" makes him the worst abuser of executive privilege, when your own link shows that he has fewer executive orders than any president since Grover Cleveland. How do you document his "contents and purposes" as well as those of the other presidents in order to make such a charge?

Nice try, but strike three.

8. red55

The dimwitted voice of conservative America, folks. And they wonder why their base is shrinking and they lost the last two Presidential elections.

9. red55

Best lobby Congress to change the immigration laws then.

It's certainly not going to improve if we do nothing.

Backed off? What are you talking about? What he did was ask Congress for authority to bypass US immigration laws to speedily deport the children. The money is to increase border security to prevent more children from crossing into the U.S. through the Southwest border and to decrease the time needed to give the people the due process required by law. Isn't that what you wanted?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...9ec85e-0603-11e4-bbf1-cc51275e7f8f_story.html

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/1...ildren-immigrant-rights-groups-fight-back.htm

The INS and the Border Patrol have been doing this for many decades. Most of the unaccompanied children are still in custody.

No, I think they should be fast-tracked to deportation. But our refugee and human-trafficking laws state that they are entitled to a hearing unless Congress makes an exception. The vast majority will not qualify as refugees. Some of the money Obama is asking Congress for will be to expedite the hearing process by appointing more judges to deal with them.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/most-unaccompanied-kids-at-border-wont-stay-in-u-s-white-house-says/

10. red55

So what? Republican disdain for Hispanics is not smart politics in a country whose largest minority is Hispanic.